Sunday, March 20, 2011

Six Months

Today marked six months since my son was born.  It's also been nearly two months since I've posted.  Honestly, I miss this little space of mine.  I miss sharing what is going on in my life, reading about yours, and chatting with those of you that email me.  I started this blog as a journal in a way... as a way to share with family and friends while keeping a log of what was going on in my life and what I liked at the time.  But, something changed for me six months ago. 

The weekend before my son was born, I found out that a friend of mine was upset about something I had posted on this blog a year prior.   I felt awful that my post made her feel the way she did, but I was equally hurt that she didn't tell me.  I found out in a round-about way that left me feeling just as upset as she was.  Anyway... the whole thing caused me to want to step away from this virtual world completely and grasp on to my reality and let no one in.  Two days afterward, Fin was born unexpectedly.  I jumped into my new life wholeheartedly.  I haven't wanted to miss a minute of being with him, so it's been hard to justify coming back to this blog.  I want to post so badly.  I really do.  But, I'm afraid to talk as freely as I have been in the past.  I am so damn nervous that I'll post something that might offend someone, and I hate that I feel that way. 

So, please forgive me for taking a hiatus for a bit.  I'll come back in time.


Abbie

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails