I know I have been MIA of late, when I promised a comeback. Unfortunately, this post is less of a comeback and more of a plea for prayers. My hometown of Joplin, MO was hit by a devastating tornado today. We have been unable to reach our family members and friends. I do know that one of my aunts is fine, but we do not have word on anyone else. My uncle in Grove, OK lost his home to a tornado that hit shortly before the storm moved to Joplin.
I've been glued to The Weather Channel, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter for information regarding which areas of town were hit. The latest I've seen was that an estimated 75% of town has been destroyed-- including St Johns Hospital. The nursing home that my grandfather moved out of in December is completely gone.
It's absolutely heart-breaking. Please keep everyone in Joplin in your thoughts and prayers. I know the entire community is hurting.
No comments:
Post a Comment