Monday, October 22, 2012

The Results Are In...


Well.  My doggie has had her surgery, and little man has seen the specialists.  Unfortunately, neither visit had groundbreaking results.  We found out Jill's mass was indeed cancer, and it will come back... at some point, who knows when.  Until then, we wait and enjoy the time we have. 

At Fin's appointment, we found out that the allergist was never scheduled, but the pulmonologist talked him into seeing us anyway.  But, Fin was only tested for food allergies, not airborne ones, so we still have questions.  Some things we did find out-- he's not allergic to peanuts, eggs, soy or shellfish.  And, he doesn't have cystic fibrosis.  After four and a half hours at the hospital, missing lunch and naptime, we had our highlight of the day-- eating at ChickfilA.  If you know me at all, you know I cannot go to Denver without hitting up ChickfilA.  So, while Fin slept, we got it to go and stuffed our faces in the parking lot.  And, you better believe I got enough to have it for lunch the next day.  I'm addicted, folks.  Addicted. 

In other news, we're having family pictures taken in a couple of weeks.  Do you ever notice how your wardrobe suddenly seems completely boring and empty when you realize you're going to be documented for eternity in an outfit?  And, none of Fin's pants fit.  I bought him five new pair, and they're all huge.  It's the story of his life.  I'm scouring my Pinterest boards for ideas, but it's reminding me how stylish some moms are out there... and that my bank account does not need me to go on a spree. 

And in even better news... I just heard that my friend, Steph, had her baby.  The gender wait is finally over.  But, I'll wait for her to end the suspense. 
Abbie

1 comment:

Julia said...

I feel the same about the wardrobe problem. I like most of my clothes but don't want any of them mailed out to 100 people.

I don't know what to say about the specialists. My first thought was that you are working so hard for Fin. My second was that that might be patronizing. So I don't know what to say except the generic good things.

Related Posts with Thumbnails