I wanted to check in with you all and tell you how much I miss you! Not only have I not been posting, but I haven't been reading either. I love checking in on everyone, but my personal computer has been locking up within minutes of me logging on for months now. My little laptop has hung in there for nearly 8 years! (In fact, it just locked up as I finished typing that sentence.) I finally bit the bullet and ordered a new laptop yesterday. To say I'm excited is an understatement. Anyway... I thought I'd give you a few bullets on what's been going on in our world the past few months.
- Our little guy was sick nearly the entire winter. Once he got over one cold/cough/etc, he was on to a new one. It was heart-breaking. We are sure that all of this illness is going to make him invincible during his school years. We were overjoyed when he went a whole month seemingly healthy.
- The day we were supposed to leave for family vacation, we found out Finley had pneumonia and spent the day in the hospital getting chest x-rays. When I went to pick up his prescription, I came back out to a flat tire-- all the way to the rim flat. And it was snowing. What a day! A few phone calls, two days and $1400 extra on plane tickets later, we were on the beach in Florida, and he was on his way to recovery. The humid air was just what the doctor ordered (literally).
- We had our first family photos done while on vacation! I was so excited to have them done. I instantly regretted not pinning my bangs back, as it was crazy windy. And, when we got the pictures back, I regretted not working on my arm muscles even more. Ugh. But-- the pictures are amazing. I will share some soon.
- My first Mother's Day was lovely-- and was spent on the beach. It happened to fall on the day that Fin was 32 weeks and 6 days old-- exactly the same "age" he was gestationally when he was born. It was such an awesome thought to realize how far he'd come. I was (and am) so proud!
- Last week, I left J and Fin on their own overnight for the first time. Not just overnight-- I was gone for 5 days-- in England. Talk about throwing them into the fire! They did swimmingly, and I made sure not to ask any questions when I got back. I did hear from daycare that J dressed him in a white onesie the entire time I was gone. The girls there got a kick out of it.
- On Monday, Fin will be 9 months old. NINE MONTHS! I absolutely cannot believe how time has flown. Someone told me last week that since they'd had children they have realized that the days are long and the years are short. I completely agree. I am absolutely beat when my head hits the pillow and when it is lifted again in the morning-- but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
That's the quickest rundown I can give you. I hope you are all well and will check in with you again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment