Welcome to Finley's nursery! I started this post on June 27th and am just getting around to finishing it up for you guys. I am way behind, so let's get started... I have had the hardest time getting these in a decent order with the (new to me) photo loading format, so I'm just going with the order they're in!
I kept waiting for decent lighting to take pictures of the nursery. There is very little natural light in his room, so I would have kept you waiting forever. The room is pretty little, so it was hard to get good pictures from all of the angles. I apologize for the image quality. I have a few better pictures, but they're on my old laptop that isn't cooperating right now.
Sources:
Crib paint-- Behr Disney Timeless Tales (at 80%)
Wall paint-- Benjamin Moore Pale Oak (at 75%)
Dresser-- Ikea
Knobs on Dresser-- Bellacor
Overhead Light-- Ikea
Shelves-- Ikea
Shelf Bracket-- Ikea
Rocker-- Wal-Mart (You have to buy the slip-cover, as the chair needs one. I no longer see the actual chair on the site and would not recommend it if someone tall will sit in it.)
Afghan on Rocker-- Gifted by Oma and made by her aunt
Pouf-- Overstock (no longer available)
Rug-- Overstock (no longer available)
Mobile-- Bla Bla Kids (It started off a lot higher and has stretched.)
Rattle-- Bla Bla Kids
Bear and Owl on Shelves-- Bla Bla Kids
Owl and Zebra-- Pier 1
Elephant Hamper-- Home Decorators
Pillow in Crib-- Urban Outfitters (no longer available)
Pillow on Rocker-- Crate and Barrel (no longer available)
LOVE Print-- Made By Girl
Take a Hike Print-- The Wheatfield
Numbers Letterpress and Sleepy Letterpress Prints-- Sycamore Street Press (I highly recommend them. Eva and Kirk are two very genuine people who love their work. My last adventure before having Finley was driving 6 hours to take their letterpress class!)
Sheet-- Koala Baby (no longer available-- came in a 2 pack with a solid green sheet)
Bumper-- Breathe Easy Mesh Bumper (We switched to this one when he could roll over, as it's less likely to cause suffocation. It also helps keep his legs from getting caught.)
Back-up Sheets & Bumpers-- Dwell Studio (We have the dots set of sheets/bumper, as well as the zoo/safari set of sheets/bumper)
Crib Skirt-- Carousel Designs (I'm not a fan of the material. It was supposed to be cotton, but it feels thin and plasticy to me.)
Mirror-- Local shop
F sign-- Anthropologie (no longer available)
Star above Door-- Amish-made and have had for years
Baby Pictures on Shelf-- Big one is J and small one is me. These were displayed at the shower.
Skinny Leg Nursery Rhyme Figures-- Lori C. Mitchell Designs gifted by Oma
Large Basket Next to Rocker-- HomeGoods (for $19!)
Wicker Baskets on Shelves-- Wal-Mart
Vintage Owl Hooks-- High Street Market
Side Table-- Urban Outfitters
Alphabet Block Wagon-- Anthropologie
Since these pictures were taken, a few things have changed. The outfit hanging from the owl hooks has been replaced with his summer hats. He has different sheets, as we change them out for washings frequently. His piggy bank was replaced with this one. I think the room is in a constant state of evolution. I find things that just don't work-- sometimes due to the look and sometimes due to Fin's mobility! What I love is how neutral it is, as it makes it so easy to switch things out. I'm still looking for the perfect lamp or sconce to put over the rocker, but I just haven't found it yet. I have a certain something in my head... that preferably doesn't cost $500. Also, I'd like to hang curtains over the "window" that leads out to the open space above our living room. I have been having the hardest time finding the perfect print for them. I'd also like to switch out the crib skirt for something fun.
If I had to do anything over again, I would have invested in a better rocker. I am really disappointed that I could have spent a few hundred more for something I really would have liked that would have transitioned well into another room, like this or this or this. Oh well!
If you have any questions, let me know!







No comments:
Post a Comment