Friday, August 12, 2011

Ikea or Bust!

The past two years, I've made the trek to Salt Lake (about 6 or 7 hours one-way depending on the weather) to visit the wonderful world of Ikea... and friends, too.  I always manage to sneak in a visit with Steph while I'm there.  And, you may remember that I stopped off for a letterpress lesson with Eva and Kirk of Sycamore Street Press on my way last year, as well.

It's with mixed emotions that I tell you that a new Ikea has opened up within 3 hours of me.  I'm ecstatic that it's so close, yet I'm bummed that I won't have an excuse to stop off for a visit with my Utah friends.  I guess I'll have to come up with another reason to head that way!  (AltSummit anyone?)

I made sure to give the Ikea madness a couple of weeks to die down before planning a trip, but I just can't wait any longer.  I am headed there this weekend.  I have a few things on my list, but I'll wait to share most of them until I get back.  One thing I hope to pick up-- the rocking moose for Fin. 


EKORRE Rocking moose, red, rubberwood Length: 28 3/4 " Width: 11 " Height: 19 1/4 "  Length: 73 cm Width: 28 cm Height: 49 cm

Honestly, how cute is he? Here's my question for you all... would it be just awful if I painted him a funky green or turquoise? His red body is fun, but I'm thinking chartreuse might be cool, too. What do you think?

Abbie

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails