Today, my little guy had his first day of class in the two year old room. I suddenly realized that his birthday party is next weekend, and I have done very little in the way of planning... considering we just decided to have a party two weeks ago. I've reserved space and sent out invites, but that is it. Oh... and we leave Thursday for Houston. Yikes. Time to get on it. The "theme" of his party is loosely based on the fact that it is being held at a bounce house.
We sent out these invites from Brightside Prints. There are super adorable and not at all cheesy (unlike most bounce house themed invitations, thankfully).
I ordered this cute shirt for him to wear and had only his name added, no age. Again... on theme, but not too cheesy.
I'm thinking about serving foods that have a circular theme... like grapes, blueberries, watermelon balls, Ritz, other kid-friendly fare, etc. While I love this cake, I don't think it's practical for a bunch of two-year olds.
Instead, I'm thinking of doing something like this...
... possibly with this inside. How fun would that be?
We'll see how ambitious I get when I come down to a time crunch next week. I'll be sure to share pictures of the final product.
And here I told myself we weren't even going to throw a party... funny how that always seems to happen.












1 comment:
whoa! That is adorable... love that polkadot cake!!! Thank you for sharing! Love your blog and I'm your new follower via gfc :)
Yours Truly,
aubzie
hope you can follow me at Aubzielation and Party Prints & Pieces
Enter to win my first giveaway of cute fabric tapes :)
Post a Comment