Saturday, September 1, 2012

Catching Up

I figured now was as good a time as any to squeeze a post in... considering I've been lying awake for the past 3 1/2 hours.  Funny how you can be exhausted and still not able to sleep.

Things have been quite busy around our house.  With J working crazy hours, I haven't had much time to jump on the computer... and I crash and burn as soon as Finley does lately.  One exciting tidbit-- J and I went on a date night last Saturday!  Okay, so maybe that's just exciting for us.  Seriously.  It was huge.  We got a sitter for the third time ever and went out to celebrate my birthday.  It's been eons since we've really celebrated any birthdays, and since it fell on a weekend this year, I was not passing up the opportunity!  I can see why we don't do it often (as in 3 times in 2 years often!).  The sitter alone cost us $75.  We've decided that we need to make an effort to do it at least once a quarter in order to keep our sanity... or maybe I decided that.  Either way, I'm going to make it happen.

I didn't ask for much for my birthday.  Actually, I only asked for a date night and a new iPod.  I blaze through iPods like they're candy.  After running my last half marathon with my iPhone, I knew it was time to break down and buy something smaller.  Today, my brand new Nano arrived.  I can't wait to start using it.  I had planned to get a Shuffle because it clips on, but I couldn't pass up the (three times as expensive) Nano when I realized it clips on, too, and has radio capability.  Plus, I like being able to have multiple playlists that I can choose from.  If you order from Apple, you can have it engraved.  My first choice was deemed inappropriate.  Oops.  (For inquiring minds, it was the blunt message, "Get off your ***.")  I settled for "Shake your booty".  Which leads me to...

Y'all... I have been to the gym four times this week.  I mean, sweating so hard my vision is blurry.  This is a miracle.  Why am I telling you this?  Because I think that hearing someone else is doing something to get in shape is motivating.  My friend, Cyndi, set a walking goal for August.  She posted pics on Instagram and updates on Facebook.  Every time I saw her posts, I thought, "Why am I not doing something too?"  Goals are good!  So, if you think it's weird that I posted a view of me doing crunches on Instagram, too bad.  It motivates me, and who knows, maybe it motivates someone else, too.  Having someone to be accountable to makes me want to keep it up.  Anyone want to join me in a shape up challenge?  I'm not talking The Biggest Loser-- I'm talking accountability partners.  Who's in?  If you want, check out my workout board on Pinterest.  I also have one for healthy eating. (Don't confuse it with the yum, cake, cookie and dessert boards.  Those are deadly.)  Do any of you have Pinterest boards related to healthy living?  I'd love to know about them!  Do you have songs you love to hear while working out?  I need some new ones and am not up on all of the new stuff.  Leave a comment with your favorites!

Next week, little man and I are traveling to visit my little brother in his new town-- Houston.  Any readers from that area?  I'm very excited for the trip.  Since he graduated, he scored an engineering job there (making more than me straight out of gate!) and just made the move from AR last week.  He asked me to come down to help him pick out furniture.  Decorating with someone else's money-- how could I pass that up?  My mom and step-dad are going to drive down for the visit, as well.  I miss my family so much and cannot wait for this trip!

A couple of days ago, I finally made the effort to start listing some things on Ebay.  This task has been on my list for a year now!  I don't have everything up, but it's a good start.  I have a few West Elm pillows to list still, my huge rubber stamp collection and more shoes.  You'll notice the theme is never worn/used or used once or twice.  Sad, but I'm finally letting go!  I'm even parting ways with three pair of cowboy boots in awesome shape.  If you're a reader and you bid on something, let me know!  I'd love to hear from you.  As I post more items, I'll drop a note here to give you a heads up first.

Now that the sun is up, I'm going to sign off.  I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Abbie

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails