Monday, August 6, 2012

Snark Much?

Let's see... the past few weeks have been a bit more packed than I had expected.  I had a joint yard sale with friends... one with few visitors and lackluster results.  My BFF's husband was telling visitors that we were his sister wives near the end of the long morning, and I think a few people thought we were weirdos.  On the upside, one of the benefits of having a joint yard sale is that you can usually pawn a bunch of your crap off on your friends.  Holla. 
Post-sale... three mimosas deep.


We had visitors stay the night.  And they weren't family.  I love when this happens!  I don't love when the hubby tells me we're having overnight guests the morning of the visit as I'm walking out the door to go to work, after I've just had said yard sale and the house looks like one you might see on an episode of Hoarders.  No bueno.  Oh, and it was our anniversary.  Wah-wah.  (Insert sound effect here.)  After a little "discussion", I stopped crying like a baby and spruced the house up a bit.  And by sprucing, I mean quickly shoved stuff in closets and drawers and then made them sit in the dark once we got home from dinner.  Friends, this is a far, far cry from where I was pre-babe.  Holy smokes.  You could have licked off my floor back then.  At this point, I just try not to have dirty undies on the laundry room floor.  I'm almost proud of myself.  Almost. 

Finley had another weight check.  I have grown to dread the infamous weight check as much as he does.  He screams the second he sees Nurse Audrey at the doctor's office because he just knows she's going to shoot him up.  Poor girl.  He even had a meltdown when he saw her at the grocery store.  He knows that stripping down and sitting on the scale means shots.  So, the weight check, even though no needles are in the gameplan, is an absolutely terrifying ordeal.  But, I am ecstatic to report that after 3 months of no weight gain, he gained a pound in a month.  Hallelujah!  I could have kissed her when she told me.  So, no more weight checks until his two year well check next month... when he'll also get shots.

Last week, I was a traveling fiend.  Eight states in four days.  I started to wonder what day it was and when I was supposed to eat.  Is it 9 already?  No, it's only 7.  Steak again?  Why not?  The meat sweats never hurt anyone.  It was actually a very informative work trip, just a little too whirlwind for me.  I was slated to hit Mexico next month and then Canada in October, and honestly, I'm a bit thankful that we've put those trips off until next year.  I'm no longer cut out for the nonstop airport hop.  I was really bummed during this trip because I was thisclose to friends and family-- I'm talking in the same freaking city-- and I didn't get to see them.  Lame.  If you follow me on Instagram, you'll notice I amused myself by taking pics of my feet in airports.  Too bad I was already halfway through the trip when I came up with the idea.  I'm sure I lost a few followers last week.

Oh... have I mentioned I went back to the rodeo?  Yes, I think so.  Well, let's just say I'm having major commitment issues.  The countdown has begun.  Only four more shifts until it's over.  Did I mention that summer will be over by then, too?  Ugh.  I've resorted to taking pictures of my feet for entertainment.  (Notice a theme?) 
Day 1-- not yet jaded
Might as well label this "the month of July", aka the month of rain
Rain?  What rain?
I keep reminding myself, "The sun will come out... tomorrow."

Abbie

1 comment:

Julia said...

Well, at least you look good. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails