When I left you, I was in the throws of family visits. May was a good month. June was not. Spending time with our extended family is awesome. It's the time afterward that is so hard. Honestly, I've been in a funk ever since Dad left. I want more family time! Thankfully, Fin and I will get a little dose of family time again in September. My little brother graduated from college back in May and has landed himself a sweet job in Houston. He makes the move from AR to TX in just under a month and plans to leave his college, ahem, furniture behind. When he asked me to come for a shopping visit, I couldn't say no. Spend someone else's money? I'm in! I've already been scouting out some items... no doubt driving him crazy with my emails chock full of links.
This week, I'm consumed with yard sale madness. My friend and I are doing a joint yard sale on Saturday, and I just want to purge, purge, purge. I've already begun taking over her garage. During my scouting adventures through my house, I started compiling a list of things I plan to list on eBay. I'll be sure to clue you all in as soon as I start listing. Here's a quick list of what I have so far: new/in the package crib bedding, two new/in the package Serena & Lily baby slings, worn once Lucchese boots, worn twice Frye boots, vintage green cowboy boots (seriously fun), new/in the package stamp sets, Michael Kors clogs, Chacos, Pottery Barn birch bark vase sleeves (still in the box!), Polaroid cameras and more. I desperately need to clean my office, so who knows what else I may find to list. I also plan to consign our huge sleeper chair from Room and Board (that has been in my office, thus used only a handful of times). As much as I love it, we just don't have the space for it anymore, so it's time to let go... of it and the fact that I spent a crazy amount for it considering how much it was actually used. Wah, wah. It is what it is. Hallelujah for consignment.
It's way past my bedtime, and I don't want to bore you to tears, so I'll sign off for now. I'll leave you with a couple of my favorite pics from our family session back in May. Until next time...
| My love bug |
![]() |
| My awesome spaz-tastic family sans J and my sister |








3 comments:
Great pictures! =)
Love the pics!! I would totally be interested in cowboy boots (depending on size) and definitely Polaroid cameras!! :)
Welcome back!!
I love purging and I love yard sales...what I don't love is the aftermath! Having to decide what to do with the items that didn't sell is a headache!
Post a Comment