I watched bits and pieces of the President's speech during last night's high school commencement. Whether you are a Democrat or a Republican, you would benefit from listening. A few of his remarks struck a particular chord with me and had me in tears. He quoted the senior class president when he commented on how the tragedy has brought the community together. The community is now family with a renewed sense of pride. When he said that some people may leave Joplin but Joplin will never leave them, I couldn't have agreed more. No matter where I live Joplin will always be my hometown and will always be close to my heart. What happened that fateful day a year ago is a reminder to me that life is too short, and the small stuff isn't worth fretting over.
Please take a moment today to remember the 161 community members that lost their lives that tragic day.







No comments:
Post a Comment