It was such a happy occasion. I am so proud of my little brother for getting his engineering degree-- with honors! We had family photos, and little Fin just ran, and ran, and ran some more. He didn't take a nap for four days. Seriously. He was afraid to waste a single moment!
When it was time to leave, I found that my heart was so full, yet aching at the same time. I couldn't wait to get home to see J, but all I could think about was how Fin is missing out on time with my parents, my siblings, my niece, missing all of the special moments with family. How great would it be to see everyone every week? Leaving was heartbreaking.
As sad as I am, I'm happy to be home for a little while. My work trip to Canada has been postponed, and I'm thankful. My suitcase (and emotions) are getting a little break.







No comments:
Post a Comment