Tonight, we will be visiting with friends at a local free concert. Tomorrow, we hope to get a few house-cleaning projects done, have a nice dinner out and maybe go to the rodeo (as an homage to our rehearsal dinner night and to visit with my former bosses who are itching to see my belly). Sunday, I'm hoping to have breakfast with a fellow blogger who is in town and then spend the afternoon cruising the reservoir by our house in a canoe with my hubs. It's become our Sunday activity, and I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying it!
We're not doing any gifts, really. Instead, we decided to use the 1st anniversary "paper" gift as a guide and bought ourselves tickets to the Rockies v. Brewers baseball game in August. With a baby on the way, it just didn't make sense to do it up big.
Last weekend, as we were driving to J's company campout, it occurred to us that we had been married for almost a year. Yes, we knew the date was coming up, but the weeks went by so quickly that it came faster than we had expected. J laughed and said, "It wasn't the worst year of my life." I could barely control the laughter to try to guess which friend must have tried his hand at wedding wisdom. We both discussed how "easy" this past year had been. Yes, we had struggles and emotional set-backs, but we worked through them so smoothly that they seem much more minor now than they did then. I trust that there will be many more hard times in our years to come, but I know that I've found my match... the one that will hold me up when I need it and make me laugh when I'm down. Just knowing that he's there for me, I know I can get through anything.
Happy anniversary, J! We've had 8 fabulous years together... here's to many more!









15 comments:
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! Wow, the time has flown. I feel like just yesterday I was reading your blog about your wedding. I wish you many more wonderful years of marriage.
Congrats! It sounds perfect! What game are you going to? We'll be there :)
Happy 1 year!!!
Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead of you. :)
Happy anniversary! My wish for your is that every year is better than the last!
Happy Anniversary Abbie!! I really can't believe it's been a year already. I've been reading your blog since you were in the "planning" stages of your wedding!
I wish you and your husband many more years of happiness!!
And congrats on the baby (I've yet to tell you that)
Happy anniversary! I hope things just keep getting better. :)
Happy anniversary!
Happy anniversary! Isn't marriage the best?
Happy Anniversary Abbie! I hope you guys had a wonderful day.
happy anniversary!
mp
http://www.thepinkandblueblog.com/
Happy Anniversary! Time sure flies!
Super belated, but Happy Anniversary! Hope you did something super fun!
Happy Anniversary! Time sure flies!
Happy anniversary!
Post a Comment