Little Fin came down with what every little boy and girl in town seem to have right now-- RSV. Thankfully, he has been getting Synagis shots as a prevention/deterrent, so the result has not ended in a stay in the hospital. Unfortunately, there was a pneumonia scare, which proved to be false, and now he has yet another ear infection. Again-- I am extremely thankful that he is not worse!
After my vehicle spent hours/days in the shop getting new brakes, new transmission lines, an oil change and much more, I started for home... only to find myself rear-ending someone mere moments after driving away. That's right... it was my own fault, and I was/am so sick about it. You're going to die laughing when you hear who I rear-ended. (Honestly, I cannot believe I'm even admitting this!) Folks-- I rear-ended my own husband! I don't know if should add "thankfully" or "unfortunately" to the end of that sentence. Thankfully, because who likes having cops and insurance involved?? Unfortunately, because you all know that I will never live this down. EVER. He's already told numerous people, and it has caused hysterical laughter across town. Oh well, I guess I deserve it!
My mother-in-law arrived today. After picking her up, we drove to pick up an extra vehicle for my husband to drive while she's in town. Just as we started to drive away, we realized he had a flat tire. One more adventure to top off our week!
My MIL flew in to help J with Fin this week because I'm heading to Salt Lake City-- driving my no longer pristine vehicle, actually. (Thankfully, the damage is only cosmetic-- as well as a little to my ego.) I'm attending Altitude Design Summit this week and couldn't be more excited. I finally get to meet a few people I've been in contact with in the blogosphere for eons, including Padgett Hoke. I lucked out in the roomie department, as Michelle seems like an absolute doll. You may have already been reading her blog. I'm excited to see a few old friends again, too. To end my little trip, I'll be going to a Utah Jazz game with Steph, her husband and some friends. It'll be a fun way to cap off my adventure. The only problem? I leave Wednesday morning, and I have still not packed. I'm struggling to figure out what to wear to the many events. Dinner en blanc? NO IDEA. Sparkles and shininess on Friday night? Please! Where do I find some?
I have high hopes for a much better week than my last and hope you all have a fabulous one ahead, as well!







No comments:
Post a Comment