Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year Means New Beginnings



I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend.  Ours was fairly uneventful... just how I like it!  Honestly, I don't think we've gone out to celebrate the new year in about 6 years.  I remember that, even back then, I felt like an old fart amongst 21 year-olds.  I'm perfectly content spending the last minutes of the year comfortable in my own home.  This year, I didn't even make it to midnight.

I ended 2011 with a purging spree.  I thought to myself, "Why wait until after the new year to begin anew?"  I emptied every cabinet in the kitchen and reorganized, purging what hadn't been used or was expired.  It was so refreshing to end the year a little lighter.  While I was on a roll, I did all of our laundry and actually put it away as soon as it was finished!  What a concept.  Oh... and I finally chopped all of my hair off again.  I found myself in a ponytail at least half the time, and that just isn't good.  I'm so happy I went back to the short 'do.

Today, the first Monday of the year, Finley moved up a class at school.  It was so cute to see how excited he was with the new room and toy options.  This room has a slide and stairs.  What more could a little boy want?  I almost wanted to stay and watch him, but I resisted.   I couldn't help but think about how fitting it was for Finley to have a new beginning, too. 

The new year means evaluating the year that has just come to a close, and I've been doing a lot of evaluating.  I'm compiling goals for 2012 and will share them with you shortly... but now, it's time for bed!
Abbie

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails