Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bright Ideas at the Eleventh Hour

Are you like me?  Do you randomly see something much too late in the game and fixate on it until you go insane?  That's how I feel about Fin's party next weekend.  I stumbled upon cookie/cupcake toppers on Etsy last week.  Yes, last week, as in two weeks before his party.  Well, unfortunately, most shops had a lead time of 3-4 weeks, and one had a lead time of 1-2 months.  Yikes!  I hadn't really thought through what the dessert(s) was going to be.  Leave it to me to wait until the eleventh hour.

Thankfully, I was able to purchase a few things (which I reveal after the party).   I really wanted these cookies as favors.  They said they could probably do them, but I decided to hold off.  For 2 dozen, it would have been a pricey favor for us.  Although, they are adorable and very well done.  Can you tell I still wanted them? 
Source: etsy.com via Abbie on Pinterest

I went in search of an easy sugar cookie recipe on Pinterest, so I could DIY some favors with some cookie cutters I got at Ikea last month.  I stumbled upon an image from The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle and found myself going down the rabbit hole looking for more.  She makes the best cookies! Here are a few that I pinned from her blog.



What's even better?  She posted tutorials!  Next thing I knew, I was ordering supplies on Amazon for two-day delivery.  It's very possible I'm losing my mind.  Because we all know my cookies are NOT going to look like hers by Saturday!

What are your favorite go-tos for favors for birthdays?

Abbie

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails