While yesterday was a date for remembrance, I spent some time reflecting on what J and I were doing on that date last year. On September 11th, 2010, we had our baby shower for our little boy. I had been hesitant to schedule the shower on a day marked by sadness. But, I remembered what I had heard many people say after tragedy... It's important to celebrate a person's life, not dwell on their death. And while I will never forget what happened that day so many years ago, I realized it was just as great a day to celebrate a new life.
Thinking back on the days leading up to and the days after our baby shower, I shake my head that we were readying the house for a party and saying goodbye to family afterward, not knowing that little Finley would arrive just 9 days later.
In our house, September 11th will always be marked as a day of mixed emotions. And, it will always be close to our hearts.







No comments:
Post a Comment