Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy Birthday, Hubs!

I couldn't let today go by without a quick shout-out to my husband. Thirty-four years ago, J was born. He loves that I've spent most of today referring to him as my "old man"... I'm sure of it.

I started my day by sneaking out of bed at 4:30 (after staying up way too late to check off some to-dos). I managed to hang streamers across our kitchen and blow up 34 balloons before sneaking back to bed twenty minutes later. I'm not quite sure my eyes were even fully open during my covert operation. When J woke up, I hopped in the shower after a quick "good morning" with no mention of his birthday. It wasn't until twenty minutes later that he realized I had made his coffee-run an obstacle course. When he made his way back upstairs, he was wearing his "geezer crossing" headband (that I originally bought for his 30th birthday) and a smile. He has softball on Wednesday nights, so I made him open his "gifts" before I left for work. We don't do up birthdays at our house, so he had 5 cards to open... one from his parents, one from each set of my parents, one from his sister and her family and one from me. I managed to talk everyone into sending me money to pick up gift cards to a local ski shop, and it couldn't have been a more perfect gift. He was so excited at the thought of getting new ski boots. His old ones were purchased our first winter together in 2002... and he's needed new ones for about half of our relationship. He doesn't buy things for himself, so I am excited for him!

Happy birthday, J! I hope today showed you just how much you are loved (and that you enjoy the cheesecake that I left for you in the fridge as a surprise but was tempted to eat for myself).



Abbie

5 comments:

Patience said...

How sweet. Hope he has a fabulous birthday.

Chic Runner said...

Hope you two have an awesome day! :)

emily said...

Funny! My J got snowboard boots for his birthday :)

deliciously organized said...

You're so sweet! Happy Birthday to him~hope you two have a fabulous weekend!

emily said...

Funny! My J got snowboard boots for his birthday :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails