Monday, June 14, 2010

If I Had a Million Dollars...

With a rainy forecast and a 35 degree temperature drop for the weekend, I had to find something to occupy my time that didn't involve the outdoors. After spending Saturday morning doing chores around the house, I ventured out into the rain to head to KA's daughter's 2nd birthday party over an hour away. I was in a bit of downer mood (which I'll fully blame on the weather), but I turned my frown upside down just as I arrived to see balloons and cupcakes. All of the running around had me asleep by 8:30! When I woke up Sunday morning, I decided that I wasn't going to do any more housework and plopped myself in front of my laptop for some good ol' "if I had a million dollars" cyber window-shopping. (Feel free to sing the song... I sure did as I found myself going deeper and deeper into the internets.)

My first quest-- new dining chairs. I've lamented on the blog before about how my living/dining areas boast a bit too much leather for my liking, but I just haven't yet found a deal that has sent me running for my wallet. We currently have these flanking our dark teak, thick-trunked pedestal dining table (with matching ones at the bar):
Leather Dining Chairs Dark Brown(Set of 2)
They are in excellent condition, so we don't really have a good reason to part with them. But, I can always dream, right? Here are the options I stumbled upon during my wandering. (Click on the picture for the link if not otherwise sited.)
Cambridge Dining Chair

Gold Damask Dining Chair

Kartell Mademoiselle Chair with Missoni Fabrics - 489X
These don't fit our decor, but they're fabulous.
Laurel Accent Chair
Still not perfect, but I love the fabric.
Product Image Khandara Swoop Arm Chair - Jewel
While I am at it, I might as well look at bar stools, too...

Tabouret 30-inch Metal Barstools (Set of 2) Emerson Barstool, 26'', Sandrift Gray
Aluminum Barstool  Restaurant counter Bar stools SandraBertoia Chair Bar Stool Kitchen Stool Modern Stool New
Offi JIM 30"  Stool
This one comes in 10 different colors.
Kartell Charles Ghost 26" Stool - 4898

Ahhh... if only I had that million dollars. Ha, ha. The dreaming didn't stop in the kitchen. Stay tuned for the imaginary deck remodel.

Abbie

7 comments:

MrsKinne said...

I love that you are posting again! :)

I am also loving the Cambridge Dining Chair from Pier One. That fabric is gorgeous!

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

Ah, I feel the same way! I've been on the dining chair hunt too...everything I love is too expensive. The pains of good taste!

Anonymous said...

I do that sometimes as well, it's fun to dream!

Thank you for your kind comments on my blog :)

Amy Seager said...

Lovely chairs! They're all great!
Love
Aimee
x

Emily A. Clark said...

Great chairs! I love the ones with the acrylic bottoms from CSN.

Emily A. Clark said...

Great chairs! I love the ones with the acrylic bottoms from CSN.

MrsKinne said...

I love that you are posting again! :)

I am also loving the Cambridge Dining Chair from Pier One. That fabric is gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails