Thursday, August 5, 2010

Quick Random Question...

I'm in purge mode. When I get into this frenzy, I sometimes regret getting rid of things later. So... here's my current dilemma: I have a side business in event planning and coordination. Through the years, I've collected many bridal magazines as sources of inspiration for me, friends and clients. I really feel like purging them. Yes, there are some great spreads that I could pull out, but I just don't have the time or energy to go through each and every one to pull out pages. So... do I go with the big purge... or do I hang on for dear life? I've always considered them a business necessity, but right now, I'm just ready to start fresh.

Weigh in!

Abbie

8 comments:

emily said...

I used to save everything! if you think there is something that will stand the test of time, or if it's a general thing probably save, i am just going through everything and am finding lots of mags and tearouts that are really out of date, if you think you will have a time to really review... maybe save? if not, a quick glance through will help :)

Discovery Street said...

selling/giving away all my stuff before andy and I got married and started traveling was the best/freeing/detoxing/awesome thing for me. I'm amazed at how much stuff i don't need after living out of a backpack for 6 months!

Victoria said...

I would keep them by the couch (or wherever you sit and chill) and just tear out whichever pages you want to keep...that way you can take your time doing it. Then get a binder and some of those clear things (I seriously can't think of what they're called right now!), and organize them that way. Or you can be a little less organized like I am right now and just throw all the magazine clippings in a manila folder in your filing cabinet. :) Don't just chunk them though without looking first.

Amy Jo said...

I am a purger so obviously that's my vote!

Do you think you will ever reference the magazines again or is it just as easy to find ideas on the internet for your clients?

Shannon said...

I'm a purger too so I vote Toss. I think there's enough material on the internets these days to find what you need.

You Are My Fave said...

If you feel like doing it, do it. It will feel refreshing.

You Are My Fave said...

If you feel like doing it, do it. It will feel refreshing.

emily said...

I used to save everything! if you think there is something that will stand the test of time, or if it's a general thing probably save, i am just going through everything and am finding lots of mags and tearouts that are really out of date, if you think you will have a time to really review... maybe save? if not, a quick glance through will help :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails