Friday, August 13, 2010

You Know You're Pregnant When...

You know you're pregnant when you find yourself emotional about everything. That's me lately... and tired. After a whirlwind weekend with my parents, I've spent this week recovering. My feet were killing me... but we got the nursery painted! We weren't originally planning to repaint it, but we realized it was necessary after taking a mirror off the wall to see scratches all over the place. I couldn't remember the paint name, and we didn't have any left over from painting it when we first moved in over four years ago. Reminder... save your swatches! I'll reveal the nursery when we have it set up a bit more.

Monday was hard. Not only were my parents leaving (and I had to work), but it was also my first due date. I tried to get through the day as though it were just like any other, but it remained in my mind despite my best efforts. I think that day will always be remembered... no matter how hard I try to forget. But, I've realized that it's okay to remember.

The next few weeks are going to be a bit crazy. We are going to Denver this weekend as a delayed anniversary celebration. I'm hoping to hit up a few shops while I'm there... including Anthropologie to use my birthday discount! I missed out on it last year and am determined to make use of it this year. Sadly, I won't be buying any clothes, but I have had my eye on the ruffled shower curtain for a while. Fingers crossed that it's in stock! I'm also not missing out on Chick-fil-A. I have been drooling about it all week!

Next weekend, I'm taking my last solo road trip before the bambino arrives in order to take a letterpress class. Yay!! (Anyone can sign up!) I am also using it as an excuse to stop at Ikea and visit with fellow blogger, Stephanie. I actually had my last alcoholic beverage with her before finding out I was pregnant... a mojito, which is my favorite. I cannot tell you how excited I am for this trip!

On the 25th, I get to celebrate my birthday. I will officially be in the "over 30" age bracket. You better believe I'll be posting my faux wish list in the next couple of weeks.

Talk to you next week... and hopefully with pictures next time. ;) Have a fabulous weekend!

*Update-- I nearly forgot to tell you about my magazine purge. In less than a week, I've already rid myself of 70 mags! I'm not even close to being done. Honestly, it was a lot easier than I thought. This nesting thing has its perks. Thanks for the pat on the back for going for it! Oh... and I passed my glucose tolerance test today! I've officially moved into the 3rd trimester, so my visits are getting closer together now. I'm afraid time is going to fly.

Abbie

5 comments:

Jules said...

can't wait to see your nursery! theyre my new obsession since i am haaating everything i find for ours. i think i know the ruffle shower curtain youre talking about. i have been drooling over it for a while too! haha

Lynsey said...

Congrats on passing the glucose test as well as happy 3rd trimester! Hope things are moving along smoothly for you!

Lynsey said...

Congrats on passing the glucose test and happy 3rd trimester! Hope things are moving along smoothly for you.

Padgett Hoke said...

wow! you are moving along so fast! excited to see your nursery! put your feet up and get some rest - sounds like you are a busy bee!

Lynsey and Brian said...

Congrats on passing the glucose test and happy 3rd trimester! Hope things are moving along smoothly for you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails