
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
There's An App For That...
CDOT (the Colorado Department of Transportation) invested $8k to create an "app" for iPhones called "R-U-Buzzed?" that calculates your BAC (blood alcohol concentration). The app is free. The general idea seems to be a good one-- while the disclaimer does state it's only an estimate based on your weight, gender, time frame and alcohol consumption, it might keep a few "I've only had a couple" drivers off the road. The question is... will you be sober enough to be able to use it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







8 comments:
it actually works? I wonder how this calculates that on your phone!! That is crazy! I'll have to see a demonstration of this thing!
Are you serious?!? That is hilarious! I can just see a drunk person trying to answer all those questions!
The sad part is....even with a disclaimer some drunk person will probably calculate their BAC wrong, drive and when something happens will sue. The worst part....our legal system would probably award the drunk driver. Sorry, that is a whole different rant! lol
That just seems C-R-A-Z-Y.....I can't really figure out how it would work. Do you actually "blow" into something? Do you input your "type" of drink along with your age, weight, etc? I guess I would have to see it to believe it.
Now that is funny haha. They have an app for everything!
Haha, I love your final comment!
I'm guessing the only people who will try to use it will be too hammered to use the touchpad. Ah ha ha
i have a friend that has one of these! although i think it just looks at your height/weight and how many drinks you've had (and what they were content wise) and can estimate it for you.
hahah new to your blog and this is funny.
Post a Comment