Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Recaps...

Hmmmm.... I've tried to post recaps of the wedding, but for some reason, I am struggling. I'm not sure why I can't bring myself to do it. It's almost as though I'd rather snuggle up on the couch with my new hubs and just freakin' chill already. Another part of me wonders if I can't recap because I don't want to believe the wedding has come and gone in a flash. I'm not quite sure.

I miss blogging... I really, really miss it. But, I can't seem to get up the energy. So, I've thought about it. I'm going to take some time this weekend to create a few posts and schedule them throughout the rest of the month. I think it'll be easier for me that way.

Abbie

6 comments:

Cara said...

I'm totally with you -- I thought I'd lost my mojo whene it comes to blogging lately, and then I had like this internal conversation about what blogging is supposed to be for me -- ie, fun, a creative outlet, etc. But let me tell you: since I said I was gonna take a break, it's like my energy has renewed. I've already added some posts to the schedule :D I don't know, for me, it's been a bit liberating to just check in on what I've got coming up before it posts, but not feel compelled to capture something new that catches my eye -- instead, I can just enjoy it :) Maybe that's what you need, too -- no pressure, maybe one big sit down to knock out what's on your mind: like your favorite image from getting ready, your last thoughts the night before your wedding, what you did/thought/felt when you saw the first person tear up -- small memories you want to keep :) Or, you know, skip all that sentiment if it's too personal, and/or mix in the practicality of the event :)

I say whatever you decide, totally enjoy sitting next to the hubs on the couch, and enjoy your first few weeks of your third decade ;)

Unknown said...

I go through phases like that too. Some days its intense energy with the desire to blog about everything and then other days where I just sit and stare at a blank screen.

Megan said...

I'm with CaraBella, if it doen't feel fun, it is hard to blog; perhaps a small break is all you need! Indeed, the whole wedding goes by in a flash and it is a much deserved break to relax for a bit afterward! Thanks for your very sweet comments- I really appreciate it :)

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

i HEAR YA COMPELTELY!

M. Eileen said...

I understand!!!!! I am having trouble recapping as well! Can't wait to hear about it all in due time!

alissa said...

i get it! after my wedding putting together recap posts was a pain in the arse! its not that i didnt love that day...but it was weird - cant even describe it but the motivation wasnt there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails