That's exactly how I feel right now. My posts have been non-existent, and while I said I'd schedule some posts, I honestly haven't even felt up to do that. For the past month and a half, I've had stomach "issues", i.e. TMI if I go into detail. Finally, I decided I'd had enough, so I went to the doctor last Tuesday. They suspected I had giardia... uh, yuck. They took some blood (after three tries I almost passed out) and a "sample"... TMI? I started on some high-powered probiotics, which helped a bit. Just when I thought I was starting to feel a little better, I came down with a crazy cold. I'm miserable. Every time I sneeze, I feel like my head is going to explode. Today, the president of our company brought by the new Europe GM for introductions, and I felt a bit gauche telling him I didn't want to shake his hand. To be completely fair, I was still holding a tissue and sound like a man. He immediately asked if I have swine flu. Normally, I would take a sick day if I felt this bad (which is rare), but my coworker just left for vacation and one of us has to be there at all times. Just my luck....
Another reason I haven't felt like posting-- I've been worried sick about my sister and every little thing sets me off on an emotional roller coaster. About a month ago, my mom called to tell me that my sister needed an MRI to determine whether she had a brain tumor. A freakin' brain tumor!! I dated someone just before moving to CO who had had three different brain tumor removal surgeries, so I know what it's like to watch someone go through that pain. I just couldn't imagine it happening to someone I love again. I made the mistake of watching the Grey's Anatomy when Izzie had surgery and ended up a bawling mess. J thought I was off my rocker. Long story short, she finally got her results last week, and there's no tumor. I'm extremely relieved, but they still don't know what is wrong. Frustrating.
So, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired... and worrying. I'm over it!! I need some happy vibes.

13 comments:
Hey! I've been following your blog for a while. And to be truthful, I have no idea how I found you. I think it might have been through Penny Lane?? It looked like a cool blog, so I added it to my feed. Anyway, I think your wedding was beautiful...I absolutely LOVE your dress and your hair was amazing even though it wasn't how you wanted it. I've had a horrible couple of weeks too, so I know how you're feeling! Just know that people who don't even know you personally are thinking good thoughts for you! I hope everything gets better and I hope they find out what's going on with your sister. Feel better soon, too! :)
Sending you lots of happy/ feel better vibes! Being sick is such a challenge and I know how hard it is not to worry about a family member during something like that. I hope you are feeling better very soon! And what a relief that your sister doesn't have a brain tumor- hopefully she is ok.
Take care of yourself.
oh Abbie...I'm giving you a giant blog-hug right now!! I hope you feel better and everything with your sister turns out OK!! thinking of you!!
I'm sending you happy vibes - can you feel them?
It's no fun being sick and then to be sick on top of being sick on top of worrying yourself sick is just too much! I hope your stomach issues get better (I've dealt with them off and on for the past 10+ years and know how unfun they can be) and your cold/bug leaves as quickly as it came.
I'm happy to hear your sister isn't suffering from a brain tumor and hope they figure out what really is going on soon. Positive vibes/thoughts and prayers are headed your way!!
Get as much rest as you can and I highly suggest a meal of total comfort food. Hopefully that and some TLC from J is enough to get you to start feeling better ASAP!
I'm so sorry for all that you are going through....it must be in the air because I too feel like my world is crashing around me. It seems to be a common thread amongst most people right now. Is it the time of year? Maybe the weather? I hope we all find happiness soon.
I'm sending you some happy blogger vibes your way so hopefully things get back on track soon!
Take care of yourself and hope you are healthy soon.
I feel the same way lately...
Hope you feel better! Hopefully with everything going around lately he understood (and appreciated) you not shaking his hand!
WOW I love my sister. We thought she had a skull fracture, and she has been having unexplained seizures- I am a MESS. I can't even imagine what you're dealing with but you guys are definitely in my prayers! Hopefully they figure out what is going on and are able to help her out.
I hope you feel better! That really sucks.....one thing after another which I am sure is VERY frustrating!!!!
Glad to hear that the test results for your sister came back clean. Hopefully they can figure out what is wrong and hopefully it is nothing major!
Stay strong!!!!
Oh dear! I hope that you feel better soon, and I'm definitely thinking about your sister. I hope everything is okay. Please keep us posted.
Sending you lots of happy and hope you feel better thoughts!
Abbie, I'm sending you and your sister good thoughts. I hope they figure out how to help your sister, and that you feel 100% better soon!
Hey Abbie, I am sending you good vibes! I know how tiring it can be to feel worried about something like that and I really hope everything is OK with your sister. I absolutely LOVE your wedding photos and had such a good time looking over them after following your blog and all the planning. It turned out wonderfully and you looked stunning!
Ugh, I hate that feeling. I hope you get out of the funk soon and start to feel better soon. :) We are all here for you whether you post or not! :)
hang in there girl ... praying for you.
Post a Comment