Sunday, October 18, 2009

Our Wedding: The Reception Part 1

I had hoped to have more pics of the reception to show you, but I can't control how quickly people get me their pics. It's been nearly 3 months. Doesn't anyone upload their images?? To be completely honest, there were so many details that our photographer missed during the reception as well... and I was hoping our friends and family had somehow managed to capture them on their own. Some were and others were left out altogether.

Cake table: We had planned to hang different sized blue/green/white tissue balls (similar to this) above the cake table, but there wasn't enough time before I had to go to my hair appointment. The cupcakes weren't as amazing as the inspiration I showed the cake lady and the colors of the cake were supposed to be kelly green and pale blue (like the napkins), but I'm the only one that would have noticed. The tarts and cheesecakes were made by BM Jen. We used two wood cake "stands", three vintage cake plates, and silver, clear and green platters with a lace overlay on a khaki tablecloth. The photographers didn't get a pic of the table, just up close pics. I got a couple from my sis's camera. Also, there were no pics of the engraved cake knife. J's parents used it on their wedding day and so did his sister, so all of our names and wedding dates were engraved on it.
First dance: I'd Rather Be With You, Joshua Radin
Father/daughter: My Wish, Rascal Flatts *This is one of two photos of this dance, and the other one is horrible. Seriously lame.
Mother/son: A Song for My Son, (Unknown- Country Version) *Second pic is taken from outside... reflecting the ski area as well.
The flower girls in their reception outfits:

Abbie

9 comments:

julia::ordinarysaturdays said...

Your cake is beautiful!

southern daze said...

Your dessert table is filled with such yummy looking treats!! Bummer, though, your photographer didn't capture everything you were hoping for. Especially the knife, what a piece of history that is :-)

Shannon said...

I love Joshua Radin! I'm considering his song "They Bring me to you" for our first dance.

Great pics!

Ams said...

Beautiful!
Your cake is gorgeous :)
I am sad that they didn't get the pictures you were looking for though. At least you have all those memories saved away for yourself.

Your dress is absolutely gorgeous btw!

Padgett Hoke said...

love the cake and dessert table... yum yum. Also, your flower ladies are the cutest thing! I love their tutus!

east side bride said...

yes, the TUTUS!!

tina said...

I am so behind on my blogs. :( I missed that your flower girls had two different outfits. Those tu-tus kick butt!

Your cake is gorgeous. I'm sorry your detail shots are lacking. I was disappointed in mine too.

Everything's wonderful!

Patience said...

Your dress is beautiful and your wedding looks beautiful. Congrats!

Annie @ Marry You Me said...

Some thoughts: Your cake was awesome, you and I had the same wedding colors (so that is neat), and you are a beautiful bride in an amazingly gorgeous dress that 99% of the bride population could not pull off! Congrats!

Related Posts with Thumbnails