Monday, October 19, 2009

Our Wedding: The Reception Part 2

Some of the details...
The kids' placesettings were different (no pics, unfortunately). I laid down white paper placemats under the plates, so the kids could write on them. An I-Spy game in our colors was placed in the folded napkin along with the flatware-- no knives. They each got a mini box of crayons and had green hard plastic cups instead of glass ones (similar in look to these).

We found out two days before the wedding that nothing could be displayed outside the room we were using for the reception, so the window shutter escort card displayed had to be nixed in favor of this.

In the doorway, we set up this console table that I had (no pics, so I snagged a pic of the same table just posted on {This is Glamorous}) to put the card "box", pen container, and escort card holder. We draped a square lace runner over the top.
In lieu of a guestbook, old skis were signed by those who attended.
Seating "cards" were attached to the glasses using mini-clothespins. At our table, they were threaded through the tines of our forks.
Favors:
Kids' Fun Zone: A big galvanized bin full of educational and coloring books. We made mini coloring books personalized for our wedding, too. Suitcases with mini crayon packs, magnifying glasses, glow necklaces, and tons of toys. *Something I thought a bit odd: these suitcases (fully loaded!) were taken home by a couple of parents without asking. I had never seen anyone do that before.
We didn't get any pics of the drink area. We had glass drink dispensers that we bought at Costco and filled them with water, tea and lemonade. Each dispenser had a chalkboard hung over the lid with the contents written on it. My family doesn't drink, so it was nice for them to be able to get drinks without waiting in line at the bar. There was a piano that we were not allowed to move, so we covered it with a tablecloth and loaded up the top with glasses. Great way to mask an eye sore!! I also created a display listing off the alcohol and mixer options. Our bathroom baskets got used quite a bit... no pics.

Abbie

8 comments:

Ams said...

I love your place settings... and the suitcases filled with stuff sounds really cool. But seriously.. who takes those home?! Very strange!!!

Your wedding looked magical Abbie. I wish you had more pics though!! Beautiful!

the NEO-traditionalist said...

So much inspiration for my upcoming wedding! I loooove you place settings and the cake---oh la la! So beautiful and so much fun. Thanks for sharing with us all.
XX Kate

tina said...

Oh, Abbie! This is all so wonderful! Seriously, I can't imagine how much work it was. You did a great job.

BTW, people stole all of our bathroom bins. Not kidding. $80 worth of stuff was lost! I had 1 mint and 1 file left. Who does that?

Bridgette said...

You wedding is really so beautiful. I love the details.

BTW- I want to eat your wedding cake. It looks so delicious and yummy. Mmmm. So pretty too!

Unknown said...

i love seeing wedding pictures, especially the creativity used by people like you! you must have had an amazing day!!
xox

julia::ordinarysaturdays said...

I can't get over what a great job you did on the flowers. Everything is just amazing - so many thoughtful touches!

Tara Vorhes said...

Oh my goodness- everything turned out so very beautiful! Every detail is so thoughtful and just so pretty!!! You did such a great job. Just lovely.

Chic Runner said...

There are so many personal touches! I love the look of the birch with the flowers. Great job! :) So pretty and so you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails