So, I took another hard look at why I was annoyed. I immediately realized that I was being lame. Thoughts running through my head, "Hello! Wake up... you're the one being the jerk. Get over yourself. Pay attention to your husband-- your husband who just carted all of your tubs down to the crawl space and didn't make a peep. Yes, we have our differences, but he was that way for the 7 years before you got married and isn't going to change. So, bend a little!"
These two goals popped into mind...
*Banish negativity.
*Be less critical, more patient and loving. {Do things for others just because.}
Holy epiphany, Batman. Amazing what you'll realize when you just pay attention. So, I'm going to slow down, listen to him, and not get so annoyed that he didn't shut the freakin' closet door before coming to bed. Oh, and remember this...
and this...







17 comments:
I hear ya....sometimes "life" takes over and we get so busy and caught up with what's going on in our head that we lose sight of the big picture. Kudos to you for slowing down and realizing what's truly important.
aw, I know what you mean, I find myself getting annoyed with little things too.... lovely post :)
I think that is good advice for any of us. I could definitely stand to work on my patience! :)
I catch myself doing this all the time. I need to appreciate L more and let go of the small things.
i totally agree, i was so stressed out in December that i was nasty all the time, i even blamed jon for the weather when we were trying to leave for WI. when we returned, my only resolution was to be more loving- holding my tounge, making time for fun together, be nice, helping out around the house more... it has made everything better!
That is a fantastic way to look at things. I've had to step back a couple of times to see if the hubs was really annoying me or I was being unrealistic. Most of the time it's the latter...
You realized in 6 months what took me almost 6 years! I'm trying really hard to work on getting rid of my negativity and to slow down and enjoy the simple moments we have together...without focusing on the little annoyances that pop up. It's hard but I think that the reward will be well worth the effort :-)
Good luck to you!
I am tryng to do the same things!!
I like this post. You're so right!
i definitely know what you mean! deal with it all the time..great goals!
I love it when you said "holy epiphany batman"! that is what I say too, hysterical, but I think this post is so honest and straight forward we all need to think this way! love the photos as always!
Thank you for this post, it really hit home with me this morning. We've been married 4 months and I find myself doing the same things at times and then all that I have to do is watch our wedding video and I realize why I married him.
OMG, You were STUNNING. Your dress. Your hair. I'm in awe! And I'm too trying to banish negative energy. It's such a waste!
Abbie, these photos of your big day are so lovely! your epiphany has me moved too--it's all about giving love to one another in the little moments, right? best wishes for the next 6 months and more!
Abbie, these photos of your big day are so lovely! your epiphany has me moved too--it's all about giving love to one another in the little moments, right? best wishes for the next 6 months and more!
aw, I know what you mean, I find myself getting annoyed with little things too.... lovely post :)
You realized in 6 months what took me almost 6 years! I'm trying really hard to work on getting rid of my negativity and to slow down and enjoy the simple moments we have together...without focusing on the little annoyances that pop up. It's hard but I think that the reward will be well worth the effort :-)
Good luck to you!
Post a Comment