Friday, June 26, 2009

I've Never "Felt" So Great About DIY'ing It!

Horrible title, I know... but I couldn't help myself!

While Mom was in town for my shower two weeks ago (geez, has it been that long already?!), we spent most of our time shopping for a dress for her to wear to the wedding. So much time, in fact, that we had to make an unexpected hotel stay after I nearly fell asleep during hail and snow. Once all of the madness was over, I convinced my mom that her trip would not be complete without one DIY adventure.

My heart was set on a ring pillow like hers. Alas, the budget would not allow it. So, I picked up some felt and decided to make my mom help me. :) It definitely wasn't perfect... and Mom wants to have another go at it-- but I think our first try is magnificient!
It's not as plump as I'd prefer, and I still need to trim the edges with decorative scissors. Maybe add a few pieces of bling in the center of the flowers?? Who knows.

Abbie

7 comments:

Shaina said...

Oh my gosh! You and your mom are so talented. This is an amazing ring pillow!!!

Unknown said...

I think it looks AWESOME! I'm super impressed!

Stephanie said...

That is really cute! The nice thing is it doesn't look like a ringbearer pillow, so you will be able to use it over again just as an accent piece in your home.

MoodyMommy said...

I love your blog...
Come see mine and my NEW giveaway...

http://moodymommyreviews.blogspot.com/2009/06/make-up-giveaway-linky.html

erica said...

Somehow I just now saw this - so pretty! And you can def use it again in your house + have a great stories to tell along with it. Too chez on the title of your post ;)

The Southbay Newlyweds said...

no....this is a beautiful ring pillow! I think its perfect!

Cat said...

Love the pillow . . . super cute. Have you thought about making and selling them after the wedding . . . I keep thinking there is so much I can do like that once I have a bit more time on my hands!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails