Thursday, June 4, 2009

RSVP Countdown

With less than two weeks until our RSVP date, I'm starting to keep track of the yeses and the nos. I'm actually surprised we've gotten back as many as we have. The first RSVP was received three days after the invites were sent!! We sent out 89 invitations. As of yesterday, we had received 26 replies. Not bad! Eight of them were nos... none that we weren't expecting. The yeses amounted to 37 people. YIKES. The number will grow exponentially, I expect. I couldn't just trash the beautiful RSVPs (or their pretty green envies, either) once they came in. What did I do with them?
I put them up on the wall to look at every time we walk through the door! They're on a Pottery Barn card/photo holder that has come in quite handy over the years. See something that doesn't quite look like the others? Yep... that was a last minute invite. We had exactly enough green envies for those on our list, and then J remembered someone that had been left off the list. Doh! They were one of the first to RSVP-- with a no. We are extremely understanding of the nos and were expecting many of them. The one that really disappointed me-- my grandparents. If J and I had married last year, then they would have been able to make it. Unfortunately, we didn't, and they have seriously declined in health since. It's truly devastating to me, but I know there is nothing I can do about it. I am extremely close with them and wish that the circumstances were different. I have to remember... it is what it is (my dad's favorite saying)!

Were you surprised with any no responses?

Abbie

11 comments:

Adrienne said...

OH I love how you are keeping track of the RSVP cards like that - so cute and you get to look at them each day!

Catrina said...

I love your card hanger. I may have to get something like that when it comes time for us to get our RSVPS back.

LauraAnn said...

Your card hanger is such a cute idea! That is awesome how many RSVP's you have already gotten back. I cannot wait to send out our invites and watch the RSVP's come in.

Bride in Exile said...

My grandparents also can't make the wedding due to health reasons, and it's my biggest "if only" regret about our wedding day. They've been married 62 years and they're a huge inspiration to me. But the good news is that Econo Boy and I are going to swing through to see them on our way to the wedding -- so Grandma can see my wedding dress! (Grandpa too, but I doubt it will be quite as exciting for him!)

Blair Friedeman said...

Oh, love that you kept the cards--they are such a beautiful color and lovely way to display them:) I am sorry about your grandparents not being able to make it.

{The Perfect Palette} said...

so organized you are!!!

erica said...

*slaps forehead* that I didn't think of something clever like that to save all my green envies too! Love the look of them on your door! So sorry about your grandparents not being able to come, too. I'm sure they will be there in spirit ;)

alissa said...

haha i could never throw ours away! i think i still have them somewhere. you work so hard - its just awful to toss them

alissa said...

and my grandparents couldnt make it either - we sent them a video as soon as we got it and they liked that

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

What a great idea for the RSVPs! I'm going to file this one away for future usage :-)

Tara Vorhes said...

Love how you are keeping them in a card hanger!

And I couldn't throw ours away either- we still have them in a little box of random wedding things.

Related Posts with Thumbnails