
The other reason it's a big day-- my niece, Abigail, is having surgery. It's a very last minute thing and took me quite by surprise. Ever since birth, she has been getting ear infections. My sister has been taking her in to the doctor for what seems like an eternity trying to figure out why Abi keeps getting them. The doctor thought my sister was a lunatic. Finally, my step-dad suggested she take her in to see his friend instead. Immediately, they realized things weren't "normal" as the pediatrician kept insisting. Abi has a pressure build-up in her head and has now stopped lying down all together-- not even to get her diaper changed. Tomorrow, they will go in to try to relieve the pressure and insert tubes. It's crazy to me to think of my little pumpkin having to go through surgery! I will be thinking of her non-stop tomorrow, and I hope you will, too. Happy thoughts need to be sent her way to make sure she comes through with great results! Unfortunately, Pop is out of cell range and has no idea what's going on. I know he would be running right back if he knew.








5 comments:
Happy Birthday Pops!! And my thoughts are with you and your neice Abi. Keep us posted!
I'm sure you are all very worried but if it helps my daughter had the same surgery and recovered almost instantly. Her hearing improved overnight as the pressure and fluid were released. It has been over 4 years since the tubes went in and at least 2 since they came out ( they just eventually fall out on their own) and she has never had another ear infection. Prior to the surgery she had over 14 ear infections in a year's time.
All the best to your family!
Happy Birthday to your step-dad!
And I hope all goes well with your niece's surgery. Thank goodness they were able to figure out what was going on. I am guessing that your sister is also going to be looking for a new pediatrician?!? Keep us posted on your niece!
Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers today!
Thanks for the well wishes everyone! Alison- I appreciate your feedback!! I've been a bit nervous because she is so young, but I'm sure everything will be fine. It's just scary when they're that little!
Post a Comment