Last week, Jen texted me at 7:38 am asking if I still wanted the items I mentioned in this post. HECK YEAH!! She was nearly half-way to Salt Lake City already to pick up a new Westie puppy. I was excited to see her new family member and to finally have those cabinets in my little hands... without exorbitant shipping! When I stopped by Jen's to pick them up, I realized why shipping was so high. Each box weighed 75 pounds! J and I finished putting them together around 11pm on Thursday night. I have to be honest-- I wanted to stay up all night putting things away. Instead, I lined the drawers on Friday night with this (which I ended up not using to line the wedding envies.) On Saturday, I went nuts filling the drawers. I still have boxes of ephemera to go through, most of which will probably end up on Ebay. I'll let you know when I list items. I really need to de-stash! I'll post pics soon.
Yesterday, the time finally came to do what I mentioned in this post. I only got rained on for about a mile, and then I felt disgusting the rest of the time. My sweat crystalized on my skin to give me a nice funk. :) My time wasn't anything spectacular, but I lacked a little something that would have helped: training. I'll be honest. I only ran three times before Sunday. Each time for no more than 40 minutes. If nothing else, I'm consistant! One of these years my body won't let me get away with that. I'm thinking that year will be sooner rather than later.
Afterward, J and I drove "up north" (a place we call North Routt, aka the northern part of Routt County-- we live in South Routt, which is a good hour from "up north") for KA's daughter's first birthday party. The sitting for the drive and sitting for the party did nothing for my legs. We stayed for two hours before making the trek back home.... where I promptly went to bed-- at 7:30. I didn't get up until 6:30 this morning. I think I needed it!
When I got home from work today, I had every intention of writing up a water bottle tutorial. But-- I promptly cut my thumb while trying to open a package from my grandma. I decided that the labels would look better without blood on them. Don't you agree? I could do a quick tutorial without pictures, but that's no fun.
This week is going to be a busy one. Tomorrow, I work at Weight Watchers. Then, Wednesday night, I pick my mom up at the airport! YAY. I am beyond excited. Why is Mom coming to town? We're going to my dress fitting in Denver on Thursday, and my shower is on Saturday! Not only that... I have my hair trial, too. There is a lot of excitement this week. It makes the wedding seem so real now! Time is truly flying.








4 comments:
Wow you have a busy week ahead! Have fun with your Mom and enjoy enjoy! <3 Becky
sounds like a fun week ahead!! so...you're saying your ran a half marathon sans training!?! HOLY-AMAZING!! I'm super jealous...
you are a running machine. seriously - you ran THREE times before heading out for 13 miles? that is awesome. good for you for sticking with it! the next one will come even easier (not saying that was easy, though!). nice work ;)
I'm so happy you got your Ikea fix without having to pay for shipping (I hate shipping charges!!) I bet the drawers look amazing line in that paper.
Congrats on your run. Even though you weren't thrilled with your time at least you were able to finish without training -- that's awesome!
Have fun with your mom :-)
Post a Comment