The race has been heralded as one of the most scenic marathons in the US and was voted 2006 Colorado Runner's Best Marathon. You should definitely check it out. If you're not used to elevation, it can be really tough though. So, I guess this could solve my inactivity issues I've been having lately. (The key word was could.)
Just for fun... here is a pic of me just after I finished the race last year and right before I downed a huge breakfast burrito.
Wish me luck! At least I'll be in better shape this year!







3 comments:
Good luck! And you are not a weenie for doing a 1/2 marathon versus a FULL!
I second "You are not a Weenie". Actually, I've needed to adjust my plans.. I'm running a half marathon instead this May. I decided on it when I realized the full was timed and there was no way I could do the distance AND speed. Right now it's one or the other =o) You're awesome and you're out there - that's what counts!
Yay to half marathons! Hardly a "weenie" move I mean you are also planning your wedding right now!
:)
I had that same "marathon before 30" goal which did not happen. But I also just signed up for a half! We can be virtual training buddies!
Post a Comment