Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Weight Watchers Wednesday

Apparently my chili-cheese dog Sunday afternoon didn't help my Monday weigh-in! :) I should have known! I'm so close to my lifetime goal that I can taste it, yet I continue to sabotage myself. The goal this week is to add more exercise. I have definitely been slacking in that department. One day a week of skiing isn't getting the job done. Enough griping... here's this week's recipe:

Hungry Girl's Cheesy Broccoli Soup
HG's Cheesy Broc Star Soup



Ingredients:
1 tray Green Giant Just for One! Broccoli & Cheese Sauce
1/2 cup light (plain) soymilk
1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese, chopped into pieces
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
To prepare Broccoli & Cheese Sauce, pull film back slightly to vent. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Pull film back all the way (but do not remove), and stir in cheese wedge pieces. Place film b ack over the tray, and microwave for an additional 45 seconds. Mix well, and allow to cool slightly. Place broccoli/cheese mixture in a blender with soymilk. Blend at medium speed until desired consistency is reached (blend very briefly if you like broccoli pieces in your soup -- blend longer for fully pureed soup). Transfer soup to your favorite microwave-safe bowl (or your second-favorite one, if your fave isn't clean). Heat soup in the microwave for 45 seconds, or until hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Then slurp it up! MAKES 1 SERVING



Serving Size: 1 cup (entire recipe)
Calories: 125
Fat: 5.75g
Sodium: 796mg
Carbs: 11.5g
Fiber: 2g
Sugars: 4.5g
Protein: 7g

POINTS® value 3


I haven't tried this one yet, but I am dying to. Enjoy!

Abbie

3 comments:

TexanCouture said...

I love Hungry Girl! She has a new cookbook coming out in April ( I think ) I am so excited!

Anonymous said...

You are a life-saver! Broccoli and cheese used to be my favorite Panera soup...that it until I realized it was the highest calorie soup they have. Your lite alternative is just what I need!

What he ate, what I ate. said...

Oh! I do love me some Hungry Girl. Great recipe, I will have to try!

Related Posts with Thumbnails