We ordered J a suit last week in hopes that it would be amazing, and then the groomsmen could order it as well. I'm sure you can tell by now that it didn't work out. As of right now, I have yet to hear back from the company we bought it from in regards to my return request. After looking through the website Saturday night, I realized they have three different return policies in different places on their site. I am praying that they are willing to work with me on the return. Otherwise, it's a wasted expense, and I just might cry. So frustrating. J asked me why I looked so down once he took the suit off. All I could say was, "I want just one thing to work out, and then I can move on to something else!" I feel like every line item on my to-do list has some issue, and I can't move forward.
I spent the rest of the evening scouring the internet. Once I found a decent khaki tux rental, J offered to go by the local shop to see if they would be able to order it. Fingers crossed!
The tux option:
Real wedding with the tux:

Did you have the groomsmen rent tuxes or buy suits?

6 comments:
I had similar suits for out wedding and it was cheaper for the guys to just buy the suits and get them altered.
That is the exact tux that we are planning to use for our wedding...we just had the "should we check into suits instead" conversation yesterday...I am curious to hear what you go with. I like the idea of the suit, but I am not sure that it will be cheaper??
We are trying to figure out the same thing...tux vs buying suits...of course we have a while to figure it all out but I'm thinking I want grey...and I just saw a grey tux on the website you linked!! I hadn't seen grey tuxes yet so now I at least know they exist as an option! Thanks for the link!
Funny, I remember expressing that exact same sentiment about wanting just one of the to dos to go smoothly and not have issues! Actually, I said it a lot in the final months leading up to the wedding!! It really will all come together. And all the tough decisions will end up being the right ones because you put so much thought into them.
We did suits. They ended up just buying them because since it is something they can wear again and again it made the cost worth it. And they just then needed to get them altered.
Fingers are crossed for you that the tan suit works out! I don't remember seeing where you ordered the suits from - we went through Macy's and it worked well. They usually have sales right about now... Ok, this is long enough now!
The boys wore tan suits we found at Banana Republic. I found them on sale for about $215 each. A little more than they would have paid to rent something, but now they have them in their closets! I know several have worn the suits multiple times after the wedding.
That's exactly the color we are looking for...any advise?
Post a Comment