Thursday, February 12, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You

I LOVED IT! With my dad and step-mom in town this past weekend, I just knew I could drag them to a movie. They love going to the movies. J and I rarely go to the movies, and I was excited to go. Unfortunately, my dad was sick as a dog by the time we got home from the airport. He didn't even leave the house until I took them back to the airport on Monday. But, my step-mom was just as eager to get out as I was. So, on Sunday, we drove into town and grabbed a seat at the matinee of He's Just Not That Into You. I'm sure this movie needs no introduction, as it's been blogged about quite a bit. I just had to throw my two cents in as well.

How true is this movie?! Seriously. I heard one girl as we were walking out try to deny that girls act like that. If she thinks that, then maybe she's the exception! I won't give away the movie in case you haven't seen it. Instead, I'll speak a little about the characters. Ginnifer Goodwin's character was too cute. I loved her from the beginning. Jennifer Aniston's character was almost too much for me to handle because it was total deja vu. J and I had conversations eerily similar to those of Jen and Ben. I actually got lumps in my stomach thinking of the whole thing. Scarlet Johannson made me want to throw up. Every time she came on the screen I wanted to hurl something at her-- even though the situation wasn't all her fault. Jennifer Connelly was in denial through the entire movie. I was surprised at how little of a part Drew Barrymore played. The guys were all perfect at their roles, too. Justin Long wasn't really on my radar much before, but he was super cute in how he befriended "Gigi" and set her straight from the minute her met her. I wanted to kill Bradley Cooper. His character was just plain wrong in every sense-- the comments, the lies-- but that's what his role was meant to convey. The ending was fairly predictable, but I still found it was a cute 'girly' movie. I recommend it highly!



Abbie

3 comments:

Mrs. Potts said...

I'm still pretty up in the air over this movie. I agree though that if a girl was trying to deny that girls act that way, she's the exception! I read the book a long time ago & really related to it.
Glad you enjoyed it!

Blair Friedeman said...

I loved it so much! I thought it was true and not too predictable. Have a good weekend!!

Unknown said...

I saw the movie on Vday with my fiance. We both enjoyed it for the most part. I read the book when I was in college and thought they made a good story out of it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails