Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wedding Wednesday: Jewelry

Amy Lynn-- this post is for you. Every girl needs a good kick in the pants every once in a while! You made me realize that I didn't really have a planning lull-- I was actually just putting off things I could easily get out of the way early. Your comment gave me the kick start to finally decide on wedding jewelry!

I had an idea of what jewelry I wanted to wear on my wedding day. I bought some gorgeous earrings (that I still have yet to take a picture of). I also bought this necklace from Gilt Groupe. And then-- I hated the necklace. It didn't work at all. And then-- I started to wonder if the earrings would be too heavy for such a long day and if I wanted something more "classic".

So, I got off my butt and started looking. I actually noticed these earrings the first time they were on sale at Gilt Groupe (and even put them in my "cart" to never hit the checkout). When the costume jewelry sale came up last week, they were still there... so I got them.


Then, yesterday, I saw these beauties and thought they'd go perfectly with my new earrings. The great thing-- I would definitely wear the pieces again.

Now, as far as a necklace goes, I'm actually thinking the simpler the better. I am thinking of putting a bug in J's inbox ear to get me one of these necklaces as a wedding gift. I think it would be fun to wear something with my new initials and have it actually come from him. (Plus, they're offering 50% off if you use the code snippetlove when you checkout until Feb. 24! Found via Snippet & Ink)
I usually go big and bold for jewelry, but I'm thinking my wedding day may be an exception. I'm afraid I'll regret bold choices in 30 years. What do you think?

Abbie

4 comments:

Ginny said...

My husband just got me that exact necklace for Valentine's Day! I LOVE Sonya Renee :)

Jane said...

i think that necklace would be a perfect choice for your wedding, and still goes with your earrings and those great bracelets!

Modelmental said...

That is a lovely collection of pretty baubles... Definitely the monogrammed necklace! Love it all.

PixieGrin said...

aw abbie! i'm glad i helped..was afraid i freaked you out!

and i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your jewelry choices. good job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails