After three months of searching for a wedding band, I thought I was going to have to have one custom made to fit. My ring sits directly on my finger and takes up quite a bit of area. Also, there are diamonds along the base that you wouldn't want to obstruct. (Please excuse the camera phone quality of this pic and my hand contortions.)

Finally, I had an aha moment and emailed the lady that J bought the ring from. She emailed me back today with the band that she has made to fit the ring style that I have. It's interesting how the "wrap-around" part is actually not around the top, but it makes sense considering how high the ring actually sits. So... I'm going to show J this weekend and see what he thinks. Considering the band is actually made to go with the ring it's kind of a no-brainer, but it would be nice to see it on with my ring.




9 comments:
Jealous! I just realized when I saw this that I hadn't seen your ring! Gorg!!!! :)
I just *love* this idea. I had a bezel set diamond ring the first time around and had to have a band made to fit-- I think you'll like it!
Just gorgeous.
I like it! Will you want to someday get 2 bands to make it symetrical? I got a 2nd one for our 1st anniversary and it made my ring complete!!
love your ring. it reminds me of mine. and you know its perfect to do a second band with. maybe for your first child. that's what we are doing. represents engagement, marriage, and our first child.
Ok. your ring is beautiful! I mean drop dead gorgeous--you lucky girl:) What a brilliant idea for the wedding band.
Oooh I think it's gorgeous!!
What gorgeous pieces! I'm amazed at how unique and beautiful they both are---I hope the wedding band works out!
I love your ring and the wedding band. They're fantastic. I had a similar problem with my wedding band. We had my engagement ring made so we decided that it was best to have the wedding band made by the same guy. It turned out perfectly!!
Gorgeous! Seriously, that's breathtaking, I hope that works out for you! Another note, too: I've got a simple band with pave diamonds (? set inside the band) halfway around the band, so that I can wear it separately from my engagement ring (like for safe traveling). But jeez, if my e-ring looked like yours, perhaps I wouldn't ever wear them separately :)! (PS on those couches -- for reals, I wish I had the budget for those too!!!)
Post a Comment