I have debated writing this post, but I decided to just say my piece and be done. What is up with criticizing others for their wedding choices or judging them on what their wedding looked like? I was perusing The Knot and discovered a feature called My Real Wedding where people can upload pictures of their wedding. I thought, "What a cool feature! You can get some great inspiration from other people's weddings." Until I noticed... dun, dun, dun.... "RATE THIS WEDDING NOW". I was flipping through them and saw that some weddings only had 1 or 2 hearts out of 5. C'mon ladies-- would you want someone to give you 1 or 2 hearts?! Stop judging. Move your finger away from the button. NOW.
That's all.

6 comments:
that's messed up. makes me want to not use the knot anymore... you know what i mean?
yeah i think that is very uncalled for! people work so hard to have their dream wedding and then for them to get a bad rating, thats just horrible.
I couldn't agree more! It's the couples special day not anyone else. That's like someone putting their child's picture on the internet and having people rate whether or not it's cute!
That's terrible!
Glad to see you callin out the wedding haters!
Yeah, thats messed up. Ultimately, your wedding is an expression of your personality and love. Thank Jesus that we ain't all the same! My wedding isn't going to look anything like yours because I am not you! Beauty isn't in the actual aesthetic value of an object but in the perception of the aesthetic value. It's really sad that women get so snarky on TK. I've used it only for the suggested To Do list and I refuse to use it for anything else. (It helps that most of the features are for people in the US) I prefer Style me Pretty, Elizabeth Anne Designs, and the Offbeat Bride for inspirations.
Post a Comment