Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Weight Watchers Wednesday

Again, I gained. This time-- a whopping 2 pounds. I know that drinks with the girls Friday night (and the apps that came with them) and also the cheese dip fest during the Superbowl certainly didn't help. Honestly though, I've been a slug. I've had a hard time breaking out of my winter funk. I did go skiing with Jen on Sunday and had a blast, but other than that, I was a log. My focus needs to be moving. That's my biggest problem right now.

How have you been doing this winter? Have you been having an activity funk too?

Here's a recipe to try this week:
Ooey-Gooey Chili Cheese Nachos
(found via Hungry Girl)
Ingredients:
-1 bag (7 oz.) Guiltless Gourmet Tortilla Chips, Yellow Corn flavor
-1 package Boca Chili
-4 oz. 8th Continent Light Vanilla Soymilk
-3 oz. fat-free block cheddar cheese
-2 oz. Velveeta made with 2% Milk
-2 tbsp. fat-free cream cheese
-2 tbsp. fat-free sour cream
-3/4 cup Newman's Own All-Natural Bandito Salsa

Directions:
Melt all three cheeses in a saucepan with the soymilk; stir to combine. Prepare chili according to the directions on the box. Microwave chips until warm, and place on a large platter. Pour your low-fat cheese sauce all over your chips. Cover your chips with chili. Spoon salsa on top, along with a few dollops of fat-free sour cream, and, voila, there you have it! Makes 5 servings.
*Feel free to use other brands as desired. Nutritionals will vary.



Serving Size: 1/5th of recipe

Calories: 260

Fat: 4.5g
Sodium: 962mg

Carbs: 44g

Fiber: 6.5g
Sugars: 5g

Protein: 16g

*5 Points



Abbie

6 comments:

Chic Runner said...

Girl, I'm starving right now and work and these sound PHENOMONAL. I'll be making them tonight for dinner. Thanks for the great post! Don't get too detered about your weight gain, you'll lose it all again.

ChelseaMarie said...

Wow those sound yummy! I've been snowed in and have missed about 3 ww meetings. I dread going back, because I know it won't be pretty. But don't worry it will come back off!
CMFH

Britni said...

I've kind of been in a winter funk as well lately. If you guys ever want someone else to join in on your WW Wednesdays, I'm in. I need to be more accountable.

sealaura said...

I felt like I was reading my food diary. I had beaucoup de queso dip on sunday. Must get back on track! Just found your blog. very cute :)

Abbie said...

Playful Pro-- Feel free to jump on the bandwagon! The more the merrier!

What he ate, what I ate. said...

Points are my life, but winter is always tough for me. I try to stick strictly to points at least 5 days a week and allow for eating out and indulging a bit the other two days. It makes the progress much slower, but you can still lose. Don't lose hope, you'll get back on track!

Related Posts with Thumbnails