Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Weight Watchers Wednesday

Weigh in this week went well--surprisingly so. I had hoped that I had maintained and not gained after our trip to Aspen. Instead, I lost 1.8 pounds! I am within 1.4 lbs of my lifetime goal for Weight Watchers (which means if I keep up the good work and stay within 2 lbs of that goal for 6 weeks after I hit it, then I no longer have to pay!) I was within 0.2 before and then gained, so I'm extra determined to hit that goal now to begin the six week period. I need to get back into the exercising mindset that I was in before winter hit. I actually think that getting out and skiing a bit last week helped me lose, so I've asked Jen to go skiing with me again this weekend. Every little bit helps, and it's so much easier to exercise when you have a friend with you! (This is when J would tell that skiing is fun not exercise, but when you're usually skiing alone like me, you can get bored.)

As promised, here's this week's recipe:
Cobb Salad


POINTS® Value: 6
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 0 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy


Ingredients



8 cup(s) romaine lettuce, chopped

1/2 pound(s) deli-sliced turkey, cut into thin strips

1/4 pound(s) low-fat Swiss cheese, cut into thin strips

1 large tomato(es), diced

8 slice(s) cooked crisp turkey bacon, crumbled

2 large egg(s), hard-boiled, diced

1/2 cup(s) fat-free blue cheese dressing

Instructions

  • Arrange lettuce in 4 salad bowls. Evenly divide turkey, cheese, tomato, bacon and egg among bowls.

  • Spoon 2 tablespoons of dressing over each salad just before serving. Yields 1 salad per serving.



Abbie

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yum, that looks awesome!

Chic Runner said...

wow, great work on the weight loss! :)

Britni said...

I keep hearing all about this lifetime goal thing. I never made one of those!?! How does that work?

Abbie said...

Hi P.P.-
Lifetime goals aren't assigned until you've at least reached your 5 or 10% goal that you set up when you start Weight Watchers. Once you've reached those, then they ask you what weight you think is attainable long-term, ie. your lifetime goal.

Related Posts with Thumbnails