Friday, June 5, 2009

Officially Off My Rocker (aka How I Became a Stalker)

Let it be known... I am officially off my rocker. This morning, I decided to turn crazy. That's right. I'm admitting it now. On the way in to work today, I decided to follow someone... all the way to his work. I then preceded to get out of my car and walk up to the nice man, who didn't realize he'd meet a whack job before work today. Why did I approach the man? Let me give you a glimpse into our conversation:

NiceMan: Hi, crazy lady. Can I help you?
Crazy Lady: I apologize for scaring the bejeezus out of you, Nice Man. I've been following you since Stagecoach (a good 25 miles). I'm getting married next month and was wondering if you would rent me your fun green car.
Nice Man: Sure! But actually, I'm supposed to sell my car to someone in Glenwood Springs tomorrow, but he's been acting fickle. When and where are you getting married? Here's my name and phone number. Call my wife on Monday to see what we can work out.
Crazy Lady: Thank you (insert now known name)! I could kiss you.
Nice Man: That's probably not a good idea.
Crazy Lady: (thinking to herself while driving the rest of the way to work) I'm not a crazy lady. You can do it if you try. V-I-C-T-O-R-Y. I'm not a crazy lady.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Want to see the car? You know I took a stalkerish picture while driving behind him!! It's a vintage green Volvo that's rounded. Please forgive that most of the pic is of my dash. I was driving, for goodness' sake! :)
Abbie

23 comments:

Marian said...

Oh, I love this story!!

Marian said...

Oh, I love this story!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha...thats hilarious!! I would totally do the same thing... :) the car is way cute!

Maggie @ Eat, Drink, Marry said...

Oh I LOVE this story!! I can totally see myself doing the same thing.

That car is HOT -- obvs you had to stalk it! A must-have, clearly ;-).

Amy Jo said...

Hahaha......you make me laugh and that's just what I needed on this Friday morning/afternoon!! Have a great weekend.

Adrienne said...

That is so hilarious that you stalked him like that....haha. Way to be on the ball though when you saw that car! That will be so awesome if it works out - good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness that is HILARIOUS! I really admire your persistence!
Hopefully it all works out and you get the car - it is so perfect.

p.s. Love the blog!!

Mrs. Classic said...

I love the story and the car!

Heather from the bar said...

that is awesome!

erica said...

OMG I am laughing so hard right now - and although I've never met you, I can picture the whole situation. You go girl! Assuming it works out, you will have to post plenty of pics after the fact. Now THAT is ambition ;)

southern daze said...

You are awesome!!

Jessica @ Mason Jar Bride said...

haha that is an awesome story! i love your blog so i'm "splashing" you! see my blog for details!

Katie said...

Hahahah!!! This is a great story! Way to get what you want!

Tara Vorhes said...

Too fun! That car would be sooo cute for your wedding- hope he doesn't sell it!

alissa said...

lol thats awesome! you're hilarious

{The Perfect Palette} said...

loving this story!!!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Hahahaha that is tooo funny!

Abbie said...

Oh that's great! What a fun car it would be to have for your wedding! And what a fun story to tell everyone!

Anonymous said...

oh my! best story i've heard all day. :) and did you know that i'm from colorado? i am!! from boulder! i love glenwood springs AND steamboat springs!

Megan said...

I love that you saw it and went for it! I hope you get the car for your wedding day- thanks for sharing this funny story!!!

LauraAnn said...

Haha! You crack me up! You are definitely a woman on a mission! I love it!

Maggie @ Eat, Drink, Marry said...

Another way to get your stalk on in a different sense of the word - I have the details for you on our Mother of the Groom dress!

http://eatdrinkmarry.blogspot.com/2009/06/inquiring-mind-abbie.html

Cara said...

omg, you crack me up. this rocks. (sorry, I'm apparently just catching up on all your posts now :D) YEA for you (and that he didn't end up pulling something on you, crazy lady :D!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails