While we had a few mishaps (guests arriving two hours late and our not-old-enough flat screen deciding to go to electronic heaven during the football game), the day was filled with laughter and fellowship. I was almost thankful that the tv decided it had had enough because we spent much more time just enjoying being together.
I tried not to make too much food this year, as J was leaving town on Saturday, and was pleased to see the leftovers were out of the fridge by the time he left. On Friday, we went to the forest and cut down a tree-- the forest service issues Christmas tree permits here to help get rid of beetle-kill trees. After pulling all of the decorations up from the crawl space, I had very little motivation to get into the holiday spirit. I did manage to get our holiday cards in the mail this morning. But, I'm really having a hard time believing that tomorrow marks the first day of December and that the day after that, my baby brothers turn 21. Time surely flies!! I hope to get off my booty to put the decorations on the tree tonight while listening to some holiday music. There's nothing like music to get you in the mood! (And sweets, but I made sure to bring all of those in to work for others to eat instead!)







7 comments:
I can't believe that tomorrow is December 1st either?!? Craziness!!!
I know the feeling, my tree is up as well. With nothing on it!! Have fun decoarting, I am wrapping gifts tonight
Christmas music is the best, it can put me in a good mood no matter what!
I can't believe that Christmas is coming. A) I am not ready B) Super duper NOT ready!!!
Christmas is my all-time favorite time of the year. We have a local radio station that starts playing christmas music on Nov. 1 and I listen to it non-stop until the new year. I've also had my tree up for almost 3 weeks already and the outside of my house is already fully decked out and festive! Christmas shopping is done...the only thing really left to do is wrap gifts! Did I mention I really love Christmas?
I feel like this month is going to fly by. We only have our outside decs up so far. EEEK!
I can't believe that Christmas is coming. A) I am not ready B) Super duper NOT ready!!!
Post a Comment