Tuesday, November 3, 2009

To Craigslist Or Not to Craigslist?

I've looked on Craigslist before, but only once. Steamboat is fairly remote, so I'm not sure how well Craigslist listings really work here. Have any of you bought/sold anything on Craigslist? Was it a fairly easy process? Do you live in a rural area or the city?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Abbie

19 comments:

LindsB said...

I love craigslist, I always find the best things on there!!

Just make sure if you email someone and agree to meet up that you bring someone along, or tell someone where you are going. I know, common sense but I've heard bad stories :)

PS- I am obsessed with your wedding dress, its stunning! I'm not even engaged yet and I would die to have a dress like that!

emily said...

I constantly search down here, especially for furniture for the new place! I'm actually going to look at a piece tonight. Are you trying to sell or buy? You could try listing in a larger city if it's something you can ship...

Miss B said...

Gosh I think I sold my entire apartment on Craigslist last year! Some weirdo's for sure.

P.S. Thank you for spreading the sunshine!

Milltini said...

I have only sold used air conditioners on craigslist...but I live in NYC so a lot of people use it to sell furniture, etc. It was pretty easy, but not sure how that would apply to where you live!

Christi said...

i haven't been successful on cl in la ... i don't think i am patient enough to look and look and look through ads. with selling ... depending on what it is, i've found ebay to give me a better return.

jodieak said...

I have sold things on Craigslist twice and both times things went well.

Patience said...

I love craigslist. I have bought concert tickets, artificial plants, pots and pans and even sold a few things. I make L meet the people, I just do the shopping. We may be going to steamboat this Feb. to go skiing!!

julia::ordinarysaturdays said...

I've had some luck, but it's very hit or miss. And the people can be downright weird. But you might find something good!

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

I sold a ton of furniture items on Craigslist in Orange County, CA. I listed them and within a matter of days everything was gone! I agree to have others with you when you are meeting up with people. Glad to have found your blog and to catch up on all your wedding deets! :)

Patience said...

Thanks for your input on Steamboat. Friends of ours own a cabin there so I am looking forward to it. The pictures from last year when they went were beautiful.

Cara said...

Love craigslist -- I've definitely scored some good finds and also successfully sold items (I'm in a pretty big city though). If you're planning on selling (or buying), definitely make sure to not be alone, and to make/receive counteroffers. I think of craigslist as a place where you should pay/receive more than garage sale steals, but definitely discounted deeply. Good luck!

the NEO-traditionalist said...

We found our pug puppy on Craigslist! It was fate---he needed a new home and we were looking for a pup. You should definitely check it out, I see great furniture on there all the time!
XXX Kate

Jules said...

loooove CL! I have posted and bought things on there, never had any problems, and usually get responses pretty quick!

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

Thanks for checking out my blog and your suggestion on the programs. Even though it seems like we have a higher end budget, I am all about saving wherever possible. I will definitely heed your advice and cut back on programs. And the chivari chairs: they come as a discount with our venue as they have a contract with the rental company through our venue...we are getting them for less than 1/2 of what they normally go for.

Jacqui said...

I love craigslist too, just be willing to wait for things to sell.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

We've had great experiences with craigslist where we live. We've only bought and sold a couple of things, and actually we found some tennants and painters too! If you sell things, you might get no-shows but it's all really easy! and you can even try to talk people down in price if you're trying to buy something. good luck!

mike said...

It's also a funny trick to post someone else's car on craigslist. Not saying I've done it, but I'm also not saying I don't have a coworker that has done it!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

We've had great experiences with craigslist where we live. We've only bought and sold a couple of things, and actually we found some tennants and painters too! If you sell things, you might get no-shows but it's all really easy! and you can even try to talk people down in price if you're trying to buy something. good luck!

Miss B said...

Gosh I think I sold my entire apartment on Craigslist last year! Some weirdo's for sure.

P.S. Thank you for spreading the sunshine!

Related Posts with Thumbnails