Sunday, November 15, 2009

Christmas Shopping- Check!

Usually, I have all of our Christmas shopping done long before November. The key to being done so early is buying throughout the year. The problem with that-- sometimes you forget what you've bought! I've always been really good about keeping four large baskets on the shelf in the spare bedroom closet to house all of the purchases I've made for others. I have to admit that Christmas shopping has thrown me a bit off this year. I had begun my usual process of picking items up as I found them, but then we decided to give our family members albums from our wedding instead. We understand that not everyone wants to see a bunch of pics of us, but we've received so many picture requests from our immediate family that we thought photo books were the best bet.

I started compiling pics on Shutterfly and Kodak Gallery last month-- believe me when I say the process takes quite some time! Putting together an album takes quite a bit of thought. I decided the best layout for us was in a timeline fashion that depicted the wedding week as it took place. After creating a book for my grandparents who weren't able to make it to Colorado, the book for my dad and step-mother was a lot easier to picture. I'm still in the process of putting together the other books, but they're so time consuming that I have to take little breaks here and there. I had the most fun including some pre-wedding festivity pics that ranged from the riding the alpine slide, hiking, rafting, and horseback riding to mani/pedis, J's baseball game and our rehearsal/rodeo night. It was nice to look through all of the pics with fresh eyes and see how much fun everyone had. (I have to post a few just because!)
*Our flower girl/niece had just commented on our matching boots, hence my skirt being pulled up.
We made our first two books through Kodak Gallery because, at the time, the price was a bit better than Shutterfly. Now, the situation is reversed. But, the best part of the deal-- Ebates is offering 15% cash back on Shutterfly purchases and 10% cash back at Kodak Gallery. I seriously do not buy anything online unless I check Ebates first. I'm honestly bummed that I didn't find out about the site until after I purchased my wedding dress on Ebay! That extra moolah would have come in handy.

Abbie

11 comments:

Emily (The Culinary Couple) said...

We're making Blurb books of our wedding for our parents for Christmas this year. You're right -- it's time consuming! But I know everyone will love it.

Patience said...

What a great idea..I will need to keep that in mind after my wedding. Love the pic with the matching boots, too cute!

Ams said...

Aw, that sounds like a really great idea!
And I am loving yours guys' matching boots :)

Natalie said...

Great idea! I am jealous that you are already done with your shopping. I have not even started!

Padgett Hoke said...

I recognize that alpine slide! love the idea too - I can't believe you are done - so very impressive!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I SO want to make one of those of my little man for the grandparents. What a fabulous way to capture memories!

the NEO-traditionalist said...

I'm sure your family members will love these albums! Such a thoughtful gift. I can't believe you have four baskets set aside for Christmas gifts year round---this is positively brilliant. If only I were so organized...and had a spare bedroom to put them in!
XXX Kate

abby jenkins said...

My friend Darcy just got married in October, I took about 500 photos at their wedding and wanted to give her a keepsake book for Christmas filled with the best ones.. Thanks for the tip!

That photo of your girls with the matching boots is priceless!

LauraAnn said...

I love me some Shutterfly! I used Shutterfly for our guest book and couldn't be happier with the outcome! Now we will have a book with all of our engagement pictures along with sweet messages from our family and friends to look back on!

Christmas Shopping year round- a girl after my own heart! My mom has always done this (with 3 brothers, 2 sisters, 10 nieces and 4 nephews you kind of have to start early) and now I do too! You can definitely get MUCH better deals doing this too!

Natalie said...

Great idea! I am jealous that you are already done with your shopping. I have not even started!

Patience said...

What a great idea..I will need to keep that in mind after my wedding. Love the pic with the matching boots, too cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails