
Monday, November 9, 2009
Spring, Er, Fall Cleaning
I went nuts this weekend. Something stirred inside of me that would not die down until I had purged my heart out... yet there is still more to do. I hate to say it, but I've let the house go a bit since the wedding. One entire room--okay-- two whole rooms are stacked full of wedding decor. I couldn't quite bring myself to tackle those hard-core, but I got a good start by breaking down empty boxes and then moved to other rooms. The kitchen bar still had stacks of papers hiding underneath the top counter, which is very unlike me. I'd finally had enough. What did I find? Receipts from wedding purchases, items that were to be sent as gifts to others, coupons that were expired, extra house keys and much more. Once the counter was free and clear of clutter, I tackled the "junk drawer". It's amazing how quickly things can pile up. I found a receipt from 2006 for a spicket we had installed outside. Why was this even kept? Who knows? I can say that it's absolutely freeing to see the clutter disappear. I have a good feeling that I'll be posting quite a bit to Ebay in the near future. Thanks for the Craigslist advice! I hope to list some unwanted furniture and TVs soon. Now... on to those two rooms!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







7 comments:
I am looking for something to put cards in at our shower so if you are looking to get rid of one, let me know.
Can you come over to my house? ah ha
it feels so very good to do that... I find myself going into 'zones' and just cleaning, organizing and throwing away things that didn't seem to bother me one day and the next I can't stand anymore. I know the feeling well!
Yes, I agree with Kristin - can you please come to MY house!! lol
That is awesome that you went crazy and tackled the tough stuff. It's always a daunting task but how amazing does it feel when it is done?!
I get in those "crazy-person" cleaning moods too sometimes. It feels so good when it's all organized though- like instant gratification!
Can you come over to my house? ah ha
I am looking for something to put cards in at our shower so if you are looking to get rid of one, let me know.
Post a Comment