Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Our Wedding Flowers

It took me what seemed like eons to decide which flowers we were going to use for our wedding. I went back and forth, asked numerous friends, and was generally wishy-washy up until the 4 week mark. I had a basic idea of what I wanted, but the only flower I struggled with was the garden rose. What other flowers did I consider in its place? Dahlias, zinnias, football mums, and a creamy (non-white) garden rose. I knew that we needed to place our order, so I just went with it. A very technical process? Not so much. (J wanted no part in deciding flowers... his stock answer, "Sure. Looks good!" no matter what I showed him.) Without further ado... our wedding flowers: (all images from 50Flowers)
Ranunculus (take longer to open, so will arrive on Wednesday)
Kale
Jeanne Moreau Garden Rose

Green Hypericum
White Hypericum
Assorted Combo (stock, snapdragon, seeded eucalyptus, lisianthus, larkspur, & bells of ireland)

On Thursday, I stopped by the local nursery and picked up some dusty miller and white licorice to supplement as filler/greenery.
We'll see if my creations come out even remotely resembling something like this (even though my flowers aren't the same). Wishful thinking? Fingers crossed.


Abbie

12 comments:

southern daze said...

They're going to look GREAT!!

Mrs. Cookie said...

I think your flower combination is to die for! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Sole Matters said...

wow that last picture is gorgeous!! im sure it will turn out great!

Amy Jo said...

Love, love, love, love, love....enough said!

beckylbranch said...

It's going to look so pretty! I have never thought of using kale for a bouquet-but it does look nice!

Bridechka said...

Very pretty goal :) I am sure it will be great!

Chic Runner said...

SO gorgeous. I love those flowers together. Can't wait to see it all come together. (how many more times am I going to say that. :) )

Rhiccups said...

So pretty! I love how classy and yet trendy the combinations are!

LauraAnn said...

All the flowers that you are using are so classy and elegant! I am sure they are going to look great together!!!

Julia said...

Now I'm really excited to see your flowers - I have some of the same ones in my order! I can't wait to see what you do with them.

Rachael said...

Your combination of flowers is absolutely amazing. Haven't seen combinations like this in a long time and can't wait to see the final result.

erica said...

What an amazing bouquet inspiration! I love all the different blooms you put together. It is going to look awesome :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails