Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wedding Wednesday: Not My Dress

I'm excited to kick off July with the Not My Dress posts. What a fun way to count down to the wedding!

I *loved* so many dresses. I think it was too many real wedding posts on blogs that got me excited about every little dress that crossed my eye.

This week's dress is by Suzanne Ermann. (Not me in the pic... I only wish I were that tall.)
I was thisclose to buying this dress used on Ebay. Someone who was actually my size AND my height (which never happens) listed hers. I already had my dress, but I lurved this one, too. I seriously had to put . the . credit . card . down. I finally convinced myself that being petite and busty may not make me look like the model and because I couldn't try it on, I didn't need to pluck down the money for the new dress. So... this is not my dress.

Abbie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that you are doing this!! Such a fun idea! I can't wait to see the big winner!!

Amy Jo said...

Wow, that dress is amazing! I can't wait to see yours.

Have a great holiday weekend!

PixieGrin said...

you. are. so. beautiful.

:)

Mrs. Potts said...

What a fun idea! I can't wait to see YOUR dress!

Nina said...

Love love love that dress!!! Always enjoy a visit to the Girl Next Door. xoxo

Shannon said...

Pretty dress! Can't wait to see the real one. Congrats on having the willpower to put down the credit card!

Oh and there is nothing wrong with being petite...good things come in small packages after all :)

erica said...

I too love that you are doing the "not my dress" series - I just saw it on another blog (can't think of which right now) and thought it was so witty ;) If THIS one isn't yours, then I can only imagine how beautiful your #1 choice is, b/c it's gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

That is a really pretty dress, but I'm sure you'll look great in anything! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails