Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Remind Yourself-- Things Will Go Wrong

It's often hard to let things roll off your back, but I'm trying to do my best. For instance, yesterday, when the floral company called to tell me that the particular garden rose I ordered was not going to be available, I didn't get worked up. Instead, I picked an alternative garden rose for them to send. Today has been a bit harder. I got another call from the floral company letting me know the subbed flowers were now not going to be here until about noon on Friday. Hmmm. That doesn't really work. I live in a rural area (not in town) and have about a 30 minute drive. I have nail appointments with my moms and J's mom at 2:30, but we have to load all of the centerpieces and then drop them off at a friend's house before the appointment. I don't want to do centerpieces after my appointment because last time I dunked my hands in water repetitively after a manicure, it was ruined. Plus, I'll need to drop everything off at the rodeo and check into my room before rehearsal. So, that would mean we have about an hour to prep the flowers and insert them all into centerpieces?? There was a reason I scheduled delivery for no later than Thursay. BUT-- there is nothing I can do. Period. Once I get tracking info, I'm going to call the local FedEx people and see if they can make an earlier delivery, but I'm not going to freak out if they can't (again, we're rural!). It's out of my hands, so why fret over something I can't control. (I'm reminding myself...)

Abbie

8 comments:

THE Stephanie said...

Awe!! I'm sure everything will work out! And you have such a great attitude! You Big Day will be perfect, no matter what.

Good luck!

Amy Jo said...

What a great post...I envy you for being so "laid back" and understanding that not everything will go according to plan. I can only hope that when my wedding arrives I will be able to have this same attitude.

Just remember, no matter what happens, at the end of the day you will be married! Keep smiling!

erica said...

Wow you are so calm. Thanks for the reminder. I'm sure everything will be fine with the flowers! Another thing I keep telling myself is that no one sees the vision I have in my head of my wedding, so if in actuality it doesn't match up, I'm the only one who will know, and then it's not worth it to get upset! ;)

southern daze said...

Everything will turn out -- I promise!! Just continue taking deep breaths and know that no matter what happens, the most important thing is that you'll be marrying your best friend & soul mate come Saturday :-)

Megan said...

How about this- my best friends wedding was this past weekend and after the wedding- we got to the reception and a tree had fallen on the power lines- no electricity the whole night. no food, no band, nothing. had to move to a nearby hotel. half the guests just went home.

Bride in Exile said...

Abbie, thanks so much for posting this. I just found out our rental company can't deliver on Friday morning as promised because our venue is being evil (apparently their Friday pm wedding is so huge they can't spare any storage space). But there's nothing we can do about it, so I might as well do my best to accept it, and not ruin these next couple days chewing my nails over it!

dee said...

Another thing to remind yourself...it will all work out. It always does. Deep breaths and ENJOY, lovey!

Johanna said...

Hello, there. I'm a new reader, but I'm also panning my wedding, and I think you have lovely taste.

I think this is the most important thing to remind myself. My fiance told me this early on, because he knows how I stress over details. I keep trying to remind myself that I'm getting married to the man I love, and if all else fails, I'll still have him there and that is all that matters.

Related Posts with Thumbnails