Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Running and Running and Running through My Head


I have come to the realization that my exercise habits have ceased to exist. I don't know what happened. Before I moved to Colorado, I ran every day. It had become my release in a way. Over the past 7 years, I have run the local half marathon 5 times, and I've never trained. I always have good intentions, but then I get bored with it. This post from Julia of the blog Frame by Frame really hit home. I couldn't have stated my recent thoughts any better. My J and I are going through the same cycle... but, last week, I decided to be honest with myself. Of course, I haven't admitted to J that I've been running again. I've been sneaking out of work at odd times to go run... and I have suddenly remembered how good it feels, even in 90+ degree weather. I even had a co-worker comment on how happy I seem when I get back from my runs, so I must be doing something right! Before the half marathon this year, I picked up some new gear to get me motivated to actually show up. :) I've never worn a ton of pink, but somehow I ended up with a pinkish hat, white and pink top, and a pink skirt... that's right, a pink skirt. I have to tell you that it worked wonders. There was no bunching and creeping up. I loved it. Without further ado... my skirt.
image source

Julia from My Life in Transition blogged about deciding whether to venture into the world of skirt-dom a little while back. You should definitely check out her blog. She has a friend who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and is going through chemo... in her twenties! I can't even imagine.

Speaking of running... this group's music won't stop running through my head. Check them out... this one is my current favorite. And, I'm almost positive that I would have their version of "Another One Bites the Dust" played when being announced as husband and wife. Our friends and family would think it's hilarious... and it's a lot more subtle than the real version blaring out!

4 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

Whoo hoo for the skort....and one with pink at that. You are my kind of runner! :)

Love it, and good for you for running again [in 90 degree heat? You are crazy, and know how I feel about that].

Ellie said...

I love Vitamin String Quartet!!! Have you heard their versions of Jimmy Eat Worlds' "In the Middle" and INXS's "Never Tear Us Apart"? They're really, really addictive.

Abbie said...

Ellie: I am currently obsessed with them! I played violin and viola for many years, and I used to have grand ideas of playing in a rock band... kind of like Dave Matthews has. Ha, ha... so, I definitely can't get enough!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I am a runner and was wondering if you like running in a skirt better then shorts?

Related Posts with Thumbnails