Thursday, September 11, 2008

Weight Watchers Update

Well, I had hoped that I would have the willpower to survive the weddings, showers, bachelorette parties, and traveling... but I'm just not that good.

First, I should give you a little background. Based on my current weight and weight loss goals, a points value is assigned for my food intake each day. I have a total of 18 points per day that I can eat, with an extra 35 for the week in case of an overage. The goal is to not eat the extra 35 points, but they are there if you happen upon a moment of weakness. Obviously if you eat the extra 35 every week, you're not going to meet your weight loss goals very quickly.

Jen's wedding day-- I ate not 18 points, but 38. That is right... not a typo. 3-8. I used 20 extra points in that one day!! I think it can be summed up in two words: mimosas and vodka. I have to admit though that was spread out through an entire 15 hours and helped me surviving coordinating the wedding for her. (Please note that I do not sit around and drink myself into a stupor on a regular basis!)

Last week, when we went to WI, I wasn't much better. I might have eaten/drank the following in a span of three days:
cheeseburger
fries
cheese curds
cheese
cheese
more cheese
pizza
pizza again
Butterburger with cheese
wine X 6 (which tends to happen if J's mother has anything to say about it)
Mike's Light Hard Lemonade x 2
Vodka soda x a million
blueberry pancakes
breadsticks
garlic bread
more bread
rolls
wedding cake x 2
and butter... lots of it

And the list goes on.... what's worse is that I only got 3 exercise points in (which can cancel out extra points you eat). For some reason, I don't think that did the eating any good.

Now that I'm back, I'm having a lot easier time keeping to my willpower. I'd like to make the excuse that other people were shoving this stuff down my throat, but I honestly could have made the decision not to eat what everyone else was having... and I didn't. Oh well.... it's another week!

What does this week have in store? Molly (my WW buddy) is getting married on Saturday to our great friend, Pete. These two are just as perfect together as two people can be, and we can't wait for their wedding! Knowing that she's been on WW too, I am a little more confident about my willpower holding up this go-round. We'll see....

.... to be continued

1 comment:

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

be strong, you can do it! i know wisconsin and cheese! ha! ha!

Related Posts with Thumbnails